“Could be better.”

Residence Inn Bozeman
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a newer property and for the most part is very nice. The rooms are very large and the bedding was great. However there are some problems, you can very easily hear the people in the room above walking. The "business center" is nothing more then a wide spot in the hallway with old equipment. Breakfast was far less then expected and finally the towels at the pool/hot tub were a complete joke, I have seen better at a Motel 6. I stayed at the local Holiday Inn the night before and think I would choose it over this. I did get a good priceline bid price. The only place to eat within walking distance in an Outback.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay. I apologize your stay was less than what you expected. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful experience during their stay with us and if they do not, we want to do all we can to rectify it and invite them back. Your feedback is important to me and allows me to see where we are falling short of our guests’ expectations. I would love to speak with you further. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I hope you will choose to stay with us again to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Again, thank you for staying with us and feel free to contact me regarding your stay. Heather – General Manager 406-522-1535

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great staff, especially the front desk and shuttle/house persons. Easy to talk to and get to know their guest. I spent the whole summer here, they have a nice BBQ grill, and even an outdoor fireplace to sit around on a chilly night. The hotel was completely sold out all summer and yet I never heard noise from adjacent rooms. They have exceeded the best TV channel selection in any hotel I have even been in, with over 120 channels. I did have some various issues/complaints as to be expected, but the staff made sure to make everything right and followed up on any issues. Hotel is right off the interstate and easy access to restaurants and shopping nearby. It was a great starting location for spending the day at Yellowstone National Park about 90 miles away, either by accessing the North Entrance at Gardiner, or the West Yellowstone Entrance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay. I love your description of your stay “feels like a resident.” That is our goal at the Residence Inn: to ensure you can continue your normal routine when you are away from home. I am thrilled you enjoyed our TV channel line-up. We upgraded the end of last year and have certainly received positive feedback from those guests that do stay with us for extended periods of time. Although you did experience some issues during your stay, I am glad they were addressed immediately, and with follow-up. Come and stay with us during our other season – winter – and enjoy some great winter activities. Montana is just as beautiful in the winter! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will see you again soon. Heather – General Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Marriott Residence Inn in Bozeman is a wonderful place to stay because of the outstanding staff. They take their jobs seriously and truly want you to have a good stay. Both Robert, who worked the front desk on Labor Day weekend, and the lovely lady who was in charge of the breakfast, saw to it that we had something to eat before we took off on an early trip to Yellowstone before the official breakfast hours. The hotel location is good--about 10 min. from downtown and near Rt 90--convenient for getting to Yellowstone. Target and Costco are nearby if needed. The property is well-maintained.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert T

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay. It makes me so happy to see you found our team outstanding! We are passionate about our service and enjoy what we do. We also understand, especially during the summer, our guests do want to get up and on the road early to see the beautiful sights of Montana. Therefore, we ensure to have breakfasts on the go for this purpose. I am glad to see it was helpful for you! I hope you enjoyed Yellowstone and your Labor Day weekend. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we will see you on your next trip! Heather – General Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights here. Marci checked me in and was so friendly, helpful and fun. Great sense of humor and so willing to make my stay pleasant. After moving into my room I went downstairs and asked Marci for ice to tide me over until the ice maker had time to make ice. She answered my request in her perky way, really neat young lady. I had a studio room, very clean, great bed, clean bathroom. The location is excellent, short drive to MSU, downtown and restaurants. Outback and Carinos Italian Grill are in walking distance which was very handy.
Breakfast was great, they vary their buffet and have creative items each morning. I did not participate in their evening buffet but it looked good as I walked by.
My room had good views of the mountains. Great stay, would stay there again if in Bozeman.

Room Tip: High floor had good mountain view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I (including dog) recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Bozeman MT. Very nice motel and dog friendly. There were numerous open grassy areas for our dog to conduct business and offered doggie bags for clean up. We paid and extra $50 for our dog so it is nice to get some perks for the dog.

The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The linens were clean and in good shape. The TV was big and new and offered many channels; including numeorus movie channels. The bathroom was clean and modern and the sink and mirror was in a room seperate from the shower so one could brush their teeth or wash up while someone was in the shower.

The location was easy to find and granted easy acess to the hwy (90). The hotel was very near shopping and a good selecion of eating establishments. The breakfast was good, clean and well maintained. The breakfast offered a good variety of hot and cold food. Did not have time to enjoy the pool or fitness room (if it had one).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This Residence Inn seemed to be one of the nicer hotels around Bozeman. The rooms were quite nice and updated relatively recently. Our rooms had comfy king-sized beds and the separated sink area and bathroom (I'm not a huge fan of that, but I imagine some families would appreciate being able to run bathroom shifts).

The complimentary breakfast was exceptional: scrambled eggs, meat and potatoes every day, along with good breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, fruit, juice, coffee and milk. I've stayed at many hotels, and this is consistently one of the better breakfast offerings. The salsa was great on everything with eggs!

The fitness center was tiny, but at least everything worked. They only have 2 treadmills, an elliptical strider and a recumbent bike, and the heaviest dumbbell was 40 lbs. Towels were plentiful, though, and they had antibacterial wipes for cleaning equipment. If it were double the size with some bigger weights available, it would be great. As is, it was okay. The pool / hot tub were fine, but very heavily chlorinated.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and you just couldn't be any closer to I-90 to get around the area. Yellowstone was just over 2 hours away, so plan it as a day trip. Palisade Falls was closed because of a nearby forest fire, but the drive to the reservoir was quick and easy from the hotel.

The Residence Inn Bozeman isn't perfect, but it's clean and decent, and the location is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

After a long drive from Park City, kids were happy to be able to jump into the pool. Bozeman is our overnight stop to Yellowstone National park. There are several hotels, fast foods and grocery stores near by. We got what we need for a night - clean, spacy, quiet and comfort beds. The breakfast is a plus to our stay. However, it is a little bit pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends