“A Very Dirty Hotel”

Residence Inn Bozeman
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this property for a number of nights over the past two months while visiting my father in the hospital. I'm someone that expects to stay in a clean property, this hotel was the dirtiest property I've seen in a long time. One night I stayed in a "suite" room 314 I believe and I couldn't even go into the shower it was so filthy.....I'll spare you the details.
I attempted to speak with the manager on two occasions but according to the front desk she was out cleaning rooms.
Here is the short list.
1. Hair (not mine) in the showers.
2. Mold in the shower/bathtub.
3. Dust/dirt on the t.v. stand - never dusted behind the t.v. in many rooms.
4. Dirty hallways.
5. Elevator is dirty......please clean the floor and corners of the floor - wipe down the stainless steel.....
Marriott corporate should really get involved and I'd be more than happy to chat with them.

Homewood Suites is a much better choice nearby.
The front desk was friendly and

Room Tip: Homewood Suites or Hilton Garden Inn
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay at my hotel. Please understand it is our number one priority to ensure you have a comfortable and clean environment during your stay, and I apologize this was not your experience. Furthermore, please know if a guest ever wants to speak with me directly, I am available. I apologize there was a breakdown in communication and your messages did not reach me. I would like to speak to you regarding your stay and invite you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Thank you. Heather Holt – General Manager 406-522-1535 ext. 705

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Bozeman on vacation. It was one of three hotels in which I stayed during my trip to Montana/Wyoming. The other two hotels would be considered "upscale", but neither of them matched Residence Inn. I value a clean, comfortable room and a good night's sleep and this hotel delivered.

Property: The hotel and grounds are nice, but we really didn't spend much time here. The hotel has the typical Residence Inn pool/hot tub. The staff was very friendly and helpful (I've found this to be consistent at all Residence Inns).

Room: The rooms were very large with the normal Residence Inn kitchen. The bed was very comfortable and I was able to control the temperature in the room to get it cool enough to sleep (I'm very hot-natured, so this may not be an issue if you're cold-natured). I slept better here than at either of the other two hotels on my trip.

So, in summary, I would certainly stay here again. It's a great jumping off point for trips to Glacier National and Yellowstone since it's pretty close to the airport. We stayed here on arrival and departure nights and one additional night.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here while in town for business. Have been here before and same great service each time. Personable staff, clean and easy to get to town and the interstate. Breakfast was typically Residence Inn spread. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here two night before heading down to West Yellowstone. We arrived late and were very tired. The young lady at the front desk was very warm, friendly and quick to check us in. All the staff we encountered during our stay were as warm and friendly. The room was lovley. Nice and roomy, comfortable and clean. Breakfast which is included, was very nice. There was a nice variety of items hot and cold. The location was perfect for our needs. Plenty of shopping nearby to stock up for our trip to West Yellowstone where we rented a cabin outside of town. We were also very close to downtown which was interesting. And we visited the Museum of the Rockies which was nearby.If we are ever get back to Bozeman we will definetly go to the Residence Inn.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way from Yellowstone to Glacier. I have never stayed at a Residence Inn before but I will keep this chain of hotels on my list of places to stay. We did not have a reservation, but they did have last minute rooms available. No bed bugs. The room was a nice size. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good. Target is across the street and was handy when we had to stop there to buy a few things that we forgot to pack. I would stay here again if we are ever near Bozeman.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our group of 50+ ladies spent two weeks living here during a project. Every hotel representative was gracious and knowledgeable. The breakfast offers many items from hearty carb loaded to healthy choices. The oatmeal is quite special. The interior and grounds are lovely. The laundry facility has everything you'll require; stay on the second floor to be closest to it. Microwave, freezer and refrigerator, apartment range, dishwasher, full size coffee pot including quality coffee and microwave popcorn for your stay. Nice quality sheets with a variety of pillow combinations. Windows do open. The location is close to the highway heavily utilized by semi tractor trailers and a large railroad crossing. The engineer has his own noisy horn trilogy you'll hear every morning at 4 AM. If you wish to sleep with open windows, ask for street-side or front facing room. Otherwise, you will be happy to return to this hotel every evening. And Bozeman is a lovely town with likeable friendly residents.

Room Tip: If you sleep with open windows, ask for street or front side rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We live in Billings, only 150 miles away, but sometimes we just want to go for a nice drive over the mountains and spend the weekend somewhere else. We do this several times a year, and stay at the Residence Inn in Bozeman, Montana. The staff is always very friendly, and although we usually arrive a couple hours before check-in time, they always have a room for us. The hotel is quiet and the beds are always some of the most comfortable we have experienced in our travels. Our rooms have always been clean, and the High Speed Internet is stable and FREE!! The elevator is quick, and we have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for it to arrive. The breakfasts in the morning look great, but we always go to the International House of Pancakes right down the street, so I can't comment on the quality of the food. City Brew Coffee is within a block of the hotel, as is Johnny Carinos. We call this Residence Inn our "Home Away From Home," as it is like having our own little apartment in Bozeman for the weekend. We have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with your windows open, ask for a room on the south side of the hotel, away fro...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

I am truly delighted you think of us as your "home away from home." That is what makes Residence Inn so unique. We offer the amenities and environment to ensure our guests feel they have all the comforts of home and are surrounded by friendly people. Thank you for making us your "apartment" in Bozeman. We will see you again soon and we appreciate your loyalty. Heather Holt - General Manager.