“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Missouri
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in mid-July. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Also, breakfasts were up to par and the staff was very accomodating and friendly. Only complaint (from my kids) is that the pool is very small. Otherwise, we had a very nice stay and would recommend this to anyone traveling through Bozeman

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MissouriBen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2012

As always Residence Inn is a reliable place to stay. With some small issues.
Checkin, was swift and smooth. Room a 2 bedroom suite, was clean and nicely decorated. plenty of kitchen items for use. View outsde room was MOUNTAINS!!! NICE!!!

Breakfast in AM was well stocked, and staff was constantly checking and restocking whatever was needed. Needed to chat with Front desk a few times, my issues not theirs, very attentive and friendly.

Hotel inside and outside was clean and landscaping was nice. Parking lot well lit.
Area around hotel has plenty of shopping and food. Target, Home Depot and others within walking distance.

Right off of I 90 !!! Cant beat that.

ISSUES!!!! ***** Pool and Hot Tub area******
Hot Tub was small at most you coud fit 5 people (Capacity says 3!!) But more importantly to me, was the floor in the area was VERY SLIPPERY!!!! I almost fell a few times and watched a few others slip and slide. Watch your kids and older folks when there!! Also on day 2 Hot tub was not working, water was COLD (kids enjoyed it! lol) Signs were posted saying it was Out of Order, but was disappointed.

HVAC NOISE!!!!! UNITS are LOUD!!!!Didnt bother me much, sleep wise but Im sure it would if your a lite sleeper!!! Id call the hotel if you book with them and say I need a QUIET room!

All in All worth the price, and would stay again if in area!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We checked into this really nice Residence Inn about 6:30PM on a Thursday and the desk clerk told us to be sure to get some food in the next half hour. I know some Residence Inns have a manager’s reception or something but the previous RIs we’ve stayed in only had them Mon.-Wed. We got the impression that this one serves food nightly, or at least all weeknights. They had very good pulled pork, buns, baked beans, tossed salad, and chips, frequently replenished and served in the breakfast area until 7PM. This was more than sufficient for dinner. The breakfast was pretty typical RI fare but toward the top end. The breakfast area was spacious and attractive and the lobby was quite impressive for a mid-range property. We didn't use facilities like the pool or fitness room, so we can't comment about those.

All of the hotel, including our room, was attractive, appeared clean and new. We were quite impressed – this was by far the nicest Residence Inn we’ve ever stayed in. I was surprised to read here that the hotel is two or more years old; it seemed newer, so obviously they're on top of their maintenance. After a few nights in Yellowstone park hotels, we particularly enjoyed what seemed like luxury.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wheatland, Wyoming
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Very nice, pet friendly hotel. Pretty much quiet (other than a problem with the fan in the freezer in the room), clean, comfy beds, good breakfast. Will stay here on trips to Bozeman in the future.

Room Tip: We walked in due to a problem with a reservation at the Wingate (won't stay with them again) and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We booked a one bedroom suite for four nights from 5/22 to 5/26 about 2 weeks in advance. On 5/22 I called the hotel at 4:00 P.M. to confirm the reservation and to indicate that we expected to arrive about 10 P.M. When we arrived we were told that all regular one bedroom suites were in use, and that we were being given a suite normally reserved for handicapped persons. We were told that the only difference was that the bathroom had only a shower, no tub. We reluctantly agreed to this change.
Had we known that the shower in the bathroom had no lip at the bottom to contain the water within the shower stall, and that there were no shelves or even a recessed soap dish on the walls we would have protested this change immediately. When we arrived in the room it was obvious that the shower would be a major inconvenience, and we asked at the desk for a change of rooms. We were told that no other one bedroom suites were available and were offered a two bedroom suite instead. When I inquired if the price difference would be absorbed by the hotel, I was told that we would have to assume the $40 nightly extra cost. I was also told that we had agreed to the change. I pointed out that it would have made no difference if we had refused the suite, as no other equivalent suite was available anyway. I was told to talk to the manager in the morning.
4 of us were staying in the suite, and it was a real bummer, even the first nite. After 4 showers the floor was swimming in water and we ended up using the bath mat and the two used towels to sop up the mess. I cannot imagine how a handicapped person could have safely navigated the bathroom --- there was no seating in the shower, nowhere but the floor to put shampoo and soap, and the floor of the entire bathroom was slippery and wet after each use.
When we spoke to the manager in the morning, she was not sympathetic to our complaints, and refused a room change, saying that there were only a certain number of one bedroom suites and that unoccupied handicapped suites had to be used equivalently when needed.
We asked for a price adjustment before leaving on Saturday, because of the negative effects of this room placement. We were told the manager would call the following week, but did not hear from her.
I was particularly angry because of the fact that we had booked an extended stay two weeks in advance, and called to inform the hotel of our late arrival at 4:00 P.M. We were not told at this time that we would be given the handicapped suite.
The hotel is lovely, and we had looked forward to our stay for weeks. We booked well in advance and did not appreciate being bumped from our requested room. The breakfast was great, and maid service was excellent. The desk staff and manager were not receptive to our concerns, and made no effort to resolve the problem or compensate for our discomfort. We never spend $500 for 4 days accommodations, yet have never been dissatisfied with bookings in other places at half the cost.

Room Tip: Inquire ahead of time about possibility of being asked to accept an alternative to the regular one b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank daytripper2003
, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It's our number one priority to ensure all guests have a great experience during their stay. I deeply apologize this wasn't your experience. I'd like to further discuss your stay. Please feel free to contact me at 406-522-1535, ext. 705. " Sincerely, Heather Holt-General Manager
Montana
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night. The HVAC is very noisy and creates a loud humming vibration noise. The TV reception for the local channels is very bad. The staff was accommodating in switching us to another room that was not as noisy. However, there were only two bath towels for the two of us and one was dirty and there were hairs in the bed. The hot breakfast was good. The comment at front desk when we reported our concerns while checking out was "sorry".

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MontanaGOGriz
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your review on June 17th. I deeply regret the experience you had during your stay and offer my sincere apology. After reading your review I have met with the housekeeping department to ensure the correct procedures for proper cleaning standards are met. The Front Desk team has also undergone further training on how to respond to guest concerns. I am delighted to inform you we are currently undergoing a TV upgrade. Within in the next 3 weeks, we will be upgrading to 133 channels and over half of them will be in HD. Each suite will have its own individual receiver with TV guide for easier access and convenience for our guests. Again, I apologize for your experience and would love to invite you back during your next visit to Bozeman. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your next stay is all you expect. Heather Holt, General Manager 406-522-1535 Ext. 705
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed June 17, 2012

While on vacation we ended up staying at the inn for three nights, (Memorial Day weekend), while waiting for our car to be repaired. Brooke at the front desk was welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The room has an open floor plan so we did not feel cramped at all. The kitchen was stocked with all the basic cooking and dish necessities so we could have meals in the room. The breakfast assortment served at the inn was very good. Out the large pictures window we had beautiful views of the mountains in the distance. Within walking distance was Target, an Italian restaurant, a large shopping complex, Costco and the Ford Car Dealership. Also, it is right off of I-90. The inn accepts military discounts which helped us out greatly. Other discounts such as AAA and AARP are also accepted.

I would recommend this to anyone passing through Bozeman, Mt.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on June 17th. I truly appreciate you sharing your experience. We are fortunate to be in a beautiful location where the mountains create a majestic view from many suites and our restaurant. I am pleased to hear during a time of frustration (car issues), you found comfort at our property and the service received. I know Brooke will be happy to hear your comments; I cannot wait to share them with her and the rest of our team. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for your feedback. Heather Holt, General Manager