“A nice place with some nice folks”
Review of Royal 7 Budget Inn

Royal 7 Budget Inn
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 30, 2014

This was one of those older motels where you park outside the door. It was clean, comfortable and well appointed for a budget motel. Our room had a fridge, microwave and LED TV. What more might we need. The people working the desk and the better than others continental breakfast were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Cute motel, rooms are nicely decorated with microwave and fridge. Nice grass area with a swing set and enough room for frisbee or to throw a football. Very friendly staff and there is a simple breakfast, enough choices to be filling. Good location.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I recently (late July 2014) spent 2 nights in Bozeman to do some day hiking in Hyalite Canyon before heading to a meeting held at another hotel. My room (#44) was more spacious than anticipated and had a fridge with small freezer, microwave, decent sized flat panel TV, small desk area, and table for two. The room was fairly well maintained and I didn't have any odor or noise issues despite the three windows facing a side street. The parking is assigned so even when coming home late from dinner I parked directly in front of my room. I thought the breakfast was delicious and included much more than I expected at these room rates (English muffin or toast with butter and jam, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereal, and beverages.) The staff at the desk was very pleasant and helpful and overall it was an enjoyable stay. I'll be back at the same meeting next year and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Fishvet
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed here in May 2014 and had problems with two different rooms. The heater in room #11 was broken; it somehow turned on by itself and would not turn off. Even with the window open, the room was so unbearably hot by late evening that I had to request another one.

So we packed up all our belongings at 11:30 p.m. and moved to room #30. The second room was more comfortable, but the clicking and popping in the old pipes all night kept us from getting much sleep. The next day, I decided to move to another motel for the remainder of my time in Bozeman. To their credit, they refunded me for the one night without any further hassle. The rooms are clean and the location is good, but this old motel is badly in need of repairs and maintenance.

Room Tip: The heater in room #11 was broken when I stayed there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank J W
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The proximity to downtown is excellent and within walking distance. With parking being a premium downtown this was a definite plus. The Lobby looked nice and homey but the rooms we're not. If you're looking for frills this is not your place. The Wi-Fi was fantastic best we had in three different States and big name hotel chains. The price was great and they offered continental breakfast at this price. My only complaint was the odor. I can overlook outdated retro type scenarios but not strong smells.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TRoxanne
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We didn't expect much for the price, but a bathroom that didn't smell of urine would have been nice. Liked the hardwood floors & the assigned HUGE parking spot. Breakfast was dismal. It's not worth saving the extra $10 or $20 that you'd spend somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife consumed quite a lot of perfume trying to make the room as this motel smell habitable. It had quite a stench when we arrived. In fact another couple were complaining about the same thing and asking for their money back at the front desk when I checked in.

Besides the above, the room was fine. Get what you pay for and it was clean and tidy.

The location is not bad. Approx a km from down town.

Bozeman is quite a nice town, with a good selection of bars, restaurants and other stores down town. I wish we stayed longer than one night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Royal310, Manager at Royal 7 Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Thank you for your review, but I was sorry to hear of an odor problem. Upon further review we determined that a new cleaning agent was the culprit, and we have since stopped using it.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Lynn Bendz