“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bozeman!”
Review of Royal 7 Budget Inn

Royal 7 Budget Inn
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stay at the Royal 7 for many reasons, but the one foremost in my mind is, comfort, relaxation, and friendly staff. The beds are great, the rooms comfortable with plenty of room to relax and enjoy peace and quiet. It is an older motel, and because of that the walls are thick and well insulated making it quiet, cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Pammy Jo, is the best housekeeper they have, and she keeps the rooms clean and fresh. It is nice to have a not so small but roomy fridge and microwave, plus the flat screen tv. The grounds are you see from your window, are always well kept and pleasant to look at, and when you want to unwind, you can sit outside in front of your room, read, and enjoy a nice breeze. My husband and I are in Bozeman at least once a year, and while he is with his friends, I enjoy going around town, and just relaxing on my own. We wouldn't stay anywhere else, and have told many friends about the Royal 7, and they stay there too!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are just fine, and we have been in quite a few.
1  Thank Elizabeth B

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I liked the look of this property as soon as we arrived: one story, park at your door in a wide space back a bit from the road; my kind of place. Check-in was quick and easy, but they did not deduct the amount we paid in advance on the Internet reservation system they use. I asked about it, didn't get a response that made sense, and let it go. Even with that, the rate was very good for the facility and the season.

The room was huge and had a name on it, with a sliding door on the opposite end toward the green space in the middle of the property. Was this an upgrade, or are all the rooms like this? There must have been a time (maybe in the 1960s) when all that extra square footage came for free, and today's traveler is lucky to stumble across one of these gems every now and then.

Cleaning and maintaining all of that space might be a bit of a strain; the table and nightstand were dirty, the lights over the bed didn't work, the sink drain was slow, and the toilet took a couple of flushes to work right. We had to pull hard on the door to get it to latch shut. The mattress was acceptable and furnishings very nice. The water pressure was good but the temperature control was very touchy.

We walked across the street for take-out barbecue but still had some room in the morning for breakfast, which was comparable to the budget chains and offered a decent selection of items.

Room Tip: Watch your head! The curb I parked against was almost a foot high and I kept banging my head on the...
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the largest motel room I've ever experienced! We had 2 comfortable queen beds, a table and 4 chairs, a dresser, a desk, flat screen TV, luggage benches sufficient for 4 suitcases, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, double sinks, renovated shower, warming lamp, free WiFi, and A/C. Towels were thick and everything was very clean. We could easily have stayed several days, comfortably. Our room was #47, which I understand is in a "nicer" section of the motel; regardless, we were very pleased. One needs to appreciate the "Route 66" aspect of a 50's era motel combined with western decor and modern convenience. Bozeman is a wonderful town, progressive, beautiful, scenic, filled with great coffee shops, art, outdoor activities and outfitters, and very friendly people. We loved it! (Yellowstone National Park is great too!)

Room Tip: Room 47 was in a "really nice section" of this spacious property. I don't know what t...
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps the most disappointing stay to date on our road trip. First the two positives; rooms are spacious and have a front door at one end and patio at the other, plus large tv, Plus the location is very central, in fact walking distance from main town. The negatives; room in desperate need of renovation. In fact the whole place is very tired looking, bordering on depressing. The breakfast was very disappointing. No effort whatsoever had been made. This in fact leads me to my final point; service wherever I have been has been excellent. Staff at this motel are at best uninterested in guests. Management needs to get a grip.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The rooms were clean and spacious. Lovely staff and they have figured out how to make the facility dog friendly. This older motel has those unique architectural details that make older motels so special.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daphne S
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at the Royal 7 for 4 nights while visiting family. It is not fancy, but my room was spacious and one of the cleanest motel rooms I've ever stayed in. I was surprised that it had a flat screen TV, microwave and frig. WiFi access was free as promised, and it worked well. Breakfast was light, but there is a GREAT barbecue pit across the street - the 3 Barbecue. It, too, is not fancy to look at, but the ribs are some of the best anywhere. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

On our cross country trip we stayed at the Royal 7 two nights and had a fine stay. It was as quaint as we thought it would be which we enjoy sometimes. The room was rather spacious, clean and the bathroom was fine as well. (Lots of shower pressure:)). The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend to those who don't demand lots of updates but are looking for a decent, clean room run by a nice staff.

Room Tip: Wifi can be spotty so ask for a room with good reception.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple