“Good medium range hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice clean hotel, not too expensive, a short drive out of the town centre of Bozeman.

Breakfast is good and reasonably priced with the option of the pig out or the continental which is the pig out without the hot course and is actually really all you need!

Pool small but ok, functional gym, clean comfortable room.

Didnt eat there in the evening, so cannot comment.

Staff all helpful and polite. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front and didnt notice any noise.
1  Thank Wookster_35
Tom M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your great response Wookster! We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast in the Great American Grill even though you missed out on the delicious "pig out" option. You'll definitely have to come back to try our incredible dinner menu. Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Lovely hotel in good quiet location. Good position for MSU when dropping kids at the Uni. Restaurants close by. The main street is nice with shops and some nice places to eat. Nice clean bright rooms. Small pool but adequate for a dip. Did not use the fitness room or the restaurant. The cookies left on the reception in the afternoon are a nice touch. This is the second Hilton Garden Inn I have stayed in and I would recommend and stay in the future.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WARBENN

Thank you for such a nice review of our property. Clearly you are a seasoned Trip Advisor reviewer so your kind words mean a lot to our staff. We are also glad that you are pleased with the Hilton Garden Inn brand and hope to continue to see you at our properties in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a very pleasant hotel and in a good location. It is in a quiet spot on the edge of town but it's only a 5 minute drive to Donwtown.

There is a pool, hot tub and gym. There's not a lot of gym equipment but enough to give you a workout. There's also an outside area with loungers and chairs to sit and enjoy the sun.

The breakfast was good with plenty of choice from cereal and fruit to omlettess and pancakes made to order.

Would definitely stay in another Hilton Garden if I came across one.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank jennilewes

Thank you for your great review of our property! We are glad that the Hilton Garden Inn brand fits your needs and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just wanted to write a quick note, we stayed 2 nighst on our way in and out of yellowstone with our 3 children. Not only the hotel is very conveniently situated, they have a free shuttle to airport, I called from the airport and were ther to pick us up within 10 minutes, without previous notice. The rooms are ok, like all garden inns. But the service was super, when they got to know we couldn't have breakfast because we were leaving to eraly they gave offered to prepare lunch boxes for the children. also, changed our reservation so we could have connecting rooms for the children. basically they tried to makes feel comfortable and went out of their way to help us. thanks to all the staff!

1  Thank momplansvacations

Thank you so much for writing this great review of our property. Our staff works extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests are happy and it means a lot to them to see positive feedback like this. Our goal is to treat guests like we would want to be treated and I'm glad to hear that you felt like part of the family.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We've stayed in this hotel the both times we've been in Bozeman (we've stopped here on our way to Yellowstone or up to Glacier). We *love* Bozeman, and this is a really nice hotel to unwind in after days of driving and staying in cheaper hotels. Yes, it's more moneyh than some of the other hotels but it's a Hilton; it's nicer than most hotels and it's worth it. The lobby has a classy western feel to it (without going over-the-top log cabin/huntin' lodge), and the restaurant is a little pricey but serves good food (they serve really good wine at great prices, too). One night we just split an appetizer at the bar and had some wine; the server was really nice and helpful in getting us a good deal on a great bottle of wine. We paid an extra $20 to have breakfast included (worth it if you have a family; probably not if there's just the two of you). The omelettes, french toast or whatever you want are made-to-order, and there is a cold buffet as well. The kids liked the pool; it's small but clean and there is a really nice fitness center next door to it. The rooms are large and have both a microwave and a refrigerator, and are very clean and quiet. We will definitely stay here again!

In terms of location, the hotel is convenient to I-90 as well as to the downtown. I definitely recommend spending some time in Bozeman; there are literally over a dozen coffeeshops (my heaven on earth), art galleries, cute shops (including an adorable toy store with a train running about over your head), and excellent restaurants. Further from the downtown (and near the Hilton) you will find all the "necessities"; Target, fast-food restaurants and your typical chain restaurants (including an "Old Chicago", which always cracks us up being from Chicago). But don't miss the downtown; have at least one meal or coffee there and spend some time shopping. Bozeman is a "real" town; not a tourist town that only exists for the tourists, so it's a nice change of pace from some of the towns near the national parks. The people are very friendly and the town is surrounded by mountains, which makes it that much better!

If you have children and have a little time, visit the Museum of the Rockies near the Montana State campus; they've got a decently-sized collection of dinosaur fossils (I am spoiled because of the Field Museum, but they do have a nice collection). At the time we were there, the museum had a special exhibit on Napolean that we were very impressed with. They also have a "living history" farm and actual homesteader's house right outside the museum; we took the tour and our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and did a wonderful job bringing to life the lives of the homesteaders that built the house; the kids were fascinated about life back when the first pioneers came to Montana and asked a gazillion questions, which our guide very patiently answered. If you have a couple of hours to spare, I recommend spending it at the museum (especially if it's in the summer and it's hot!)

1  Thank hauskat
Tom M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you so much for this very extensive review of our property and our town. We are so glad that you love Bozeman and love staying at our hotel. We work very hard to provide the best possible service and I know that our staff truly appreciates your comments. Hopefully we'll see you again next summer!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great Clean Hotel. We stayed here one night and it meet all of our needs and expectations! The rooms are good size and the staff is very friendly. There are stores and restaurants nearby if you may need anything. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tom M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Amy,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We work very hard to ensure that our rooms are spotless and that our guests are happy. I'm pleased that you experieneced both while you were here and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

When I booked this Hilton it was the highest priced hotel (by a lot) that I found when I checked several aggregators sites. I was willing to pay the additional money for a better hotel experience than I had last year at the GranTree, however, the Hilton unfortunately didn’t live up to its price tag.

One of the main reasons I elected this hotel was the shuttle service to the airport. We were getting in late at night and I wanted an easy way to get to the hotel. When I called for the shuttle (at about 11pm) I was told the shuttle driver had gone home; instead, I should go outside to the taxi stand and the hotel would pay for the cab fare. (The next day I was told that the shuttle had broken down, so it was not entirely clear to me what happened). When we went outside, both taxis were taken and we were told there was only one service in town. One of the drivers called for another cab and said it would be there in 15 min. 45 minutes later (and multiple calls to the hotel) a cab showed up. So much for getting to the hotel quickly from the airport …

The lobby of the hotel was nice and the rooms were a decent size. The bed was marginal. It sunk in the middle so all night I kept feeling like I was rolling towards the center of the bed. Additionally, the TV was difficult to operate to just get to free TV stations. The way the interface was set up it kept prompting you to make a “pay per view” purchase.

When we checked out, I was asked about our stay and I expressed my unhappiness with the shuttle service. I wasn’t offered any price adjustment, which in my opinion, was warranted.

Needless to say, I’ve already scoped out a new place to stay the next time in Bozeman.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrequentTraveler1199
Tom M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with our shuttle during your recent stay with us in Bozeman. We strive for a personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused by our unexpected shuttle breakdown. We know how important reliable convenient transportation is while traveling. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.