“Best of a mediocre group”

Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Chicago, IL
“Best of a mediocre group”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Bozeman is growing fast, but the quality of the hotels in the city is pathetic, especially with a university that draws visitors all year long and an airport that services Big Sky and the entire region. Of the group, Hilton Garden Inn is head and shoulders above the rest. Accomodations are expansive, clean and offer the amenities you would expect from a first rate hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RetiredTraveler01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Battle Ground WA
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Very impressed in the Hilton Garden Inn in Bozeman MT. Typically when I travel through Montana cities, it's hard to find "good" hotels. This one is one of the best - Great Customer Service, Restaurant on site (or you can walk to several nearby), Clean, Updated rooms/lobby.

Overall a very good experience, and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Erik M
Newbury Park, CA
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bozeman, Montana. While I was there, my rental car was struck overnight while parked in front of the main entrance. I filed a police report and the Hotel said they would file a claim with their insurer. I got stuck with the repair bills anyway.
Today, I was told to file a claim with my insurer as they would not cover damage that occurred to vehicles while parked in their parking lot.
Apparently, they have no security cameras or an employee of the hotel was responsible for the hit and run. Either way I am out my deductible and my insurance is impacted. I expected that the Hilton would treat their guests better. And at least the security at the hotel would be better.
No cameras in parking lots is negligent in today’s environment where crimes take place at hotels everyday and vehicles get vandalized in parking lots.
If you can avoid staying at any Hilton Property, stay away from the Hilton Garden Inn and all Hotel Properties and stay at hotels that offer better security and service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank PHANN66
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I only write reviews if a property has a flaw that absolutely stands out and inconveniences me. The internet service is very poor, notably slow upload/DL rates. The rooms are very nice, no complaints there. I will never understand how management can't ramp up their internet speed being that many people are here on business, as I am.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank eric d
Tom M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the slow internet that you experienced during your stay here and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. The issue has since been resolved as we have completed a propertywide upgrade to our Wi-Fi. Our new system is substantially faster and more reliable than it was in the past. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here in advance of a National Geographic Expeditions Winter tour of Yellowstone National Park. The accommodations, food service, and staff were clearly outstanding in our view and the view or our companion couple. It is difficult to believe the hotel is several years old, since it is so well maintained to look brand new. The staff was exceptional in all ways, accommodating everyone with good cheer. Shuttle service was provided from the airport (about 8 miles distance) and throughout the town of Bozeman upon request. The hotel restaurant was very good for dinner, while the prepared-to-order breakfast (included for Hilton Honors Diamond and possibly Gold), was a great bargan for anyone at $10. The rooms were clean and well maintained, amoung the best we have experienced. This facility sets an outstanding standard for Hilton Garden Inns and we will seek them out on future travels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cstratton15
Ogden, UT
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel matches the airport. New and rustic themed. I have yet to find a cleaner hotel. The bathroom was spotless. Very comfortable room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Skyburner
north myrtle beach, SC
Reviewed January 23, 2012

As a frequent traveler, I stay in my share of chain hotels. Most are adequate (or better) and surprises are few. Standardization is the norm, it seems. However, this Hilton Garden Inn in Bozeman is probably the best of the batch! From the beautiful architectural design of the building, to the amazingly good restaurant options, to the surprisingly fine wines available by the glass, I truly thought I was staying at a property that was twice the price of what it cost me. Another great feature is the staff. When I had trouble with the Internet...they fixed it. When the soda machine on Floor 3 wouldn't take my money...they gave me a free Coke. When I asked for an additional decaf coffee packet for my room...they brought three. I had the misfortune of staying at the Bozeman Holiday Inn a couple of nights after being spoiled at the HGI. Don't make my mistake: stay at this property and enjoy all it has to offer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business