“A true mountain gem”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
north myrtle beach, SC
“A true mountain gem”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

As a frequent traveler, I stay in my share of chain hotels. Most are adequate (or better) and surprises are few. Standardization is the norm, it seems. However, this Hilton Garden Inn in Bozeman is probably the best of the batch! From the beautiful architectural design of the building, to the amazingly good restaurant options, to the surprisingly fine wines available by the glass, I truly thought I was staying at a property that was twice the price of what it cost me. Another great feature is the staff. When I had trouble with the Internet...they fixed it. When the soda machine on Floor 3 wouldn't take my money...they gave me a free Coke. When I asked for an additional decaf coffee packet for my room...they brought three. I had the misfortune of staying at the Bozeman Holiday Inn a couple of nights after being spoiled at the HGI. Don't make my mistake: stay at this property and enjoy all it has to offer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jimatthebeach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Had to hang my hat up somewhere. Always had good luck with Hilton Garden Inns. No disappontments whatsoever. Good parking, easy check in, clean modern lobby and rooms. Snacks and breakfast were great. I was suffering from a cold and the front desk staff went into their small store and gave me a pack of cold meds and said "no charge, you need a break." Good showers, excellent business center, nice selection of TV channels, some magazines in the room. Great business trip stop.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FarmerBen_61
Austin, TX
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Very Good, If You Do Not Care for TV

This is a fairly new hotel, and it looks and feels like a 4-star hotel. Excellent restaurant on the premises with plenty of excellent food to choose from. Excellent buffet with breads, fruits, juices, and the typical hot items (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, etc.) If you prefer, there is a chef that will cook your breakfast choices (eggs, omelet, French toast, etc.) Very good.

The room was very nice. Excellent, comfortable bed with an assortment of pillows. Very clean and ample bathroom. Choice of free wireless or wired Internet service. Both worked very well. The room had a built-in cooling system, not your typical window appliance, with the thermostat on the wall. It worked very well also. A very good night’s rest after a long day on the road. Nice, big room with a desk and side chair for reading.

The only ding about this hotel was the TV. Although it had a widescreen set, the picture looked horrible; colors actually glowed, and the TV set did not have any controls to adjust it either on the set itself or on the remote. A clear oversight on the part of the hotel.

I read an article online about bed bugs in this hotel. Nonsense. No such thing.

Definitely will stay here again. A great choice.

Room Tip: Do not book the rate that includes breakfast, which is the buffet breakfast. It actually is cheaper...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Ecreek66
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have stayed at this location in the past and been very pleased. We had to cancel a recent reservation due to an extreme medical condition in our family. We found a very nice lady, Kathlyn, who understood our problem and was more than helpful. Things did not go so well at the Rustic Inn in Jackson, Wyoming. Those people just would not respond to my calls or e-mails. Guess where I am staying in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnP1946
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed here to visit MSU now attending college here. The hotel is very nice, very clean, friendly staff. Beds were very comfortable and i was definitely satisfied overall. My family stays here every time they come to visit. Its in a great location close to everything!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed one night before a flight after a week in Yellowstone. The hotel provides shuttle service to and from BZN - about a 10-15 minute ride. We can't speak much for the location (it's not downtown), but found it adequate for a one night stay. The hotel is walking distance to a couple restaurants, but we didn't try to explore the area on foot. It's located around several shopping centers.

This hotel provides everything I expect from a Hilton Garden Inn - clean large rooms, internet, business center, exercise and pool facilities. The desk was nice, but we didn't have any issues to bring up to them that would test their level of customer service. Our only complaint was the large number of kids in the pool area and hot tub (at 9:30PM). But, given this was a July stay in Montana, we couldn't really complain about families traveling through the area with kids in tow.

This was a very typical Hilton Garden Inn, nothing to distinguish it from any other Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdstein
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights while we visited yellowstone on our 2 week out west trip. Hotel was definately one of the better ones we stayed in. This hotel does not have those terrible evolution beds that other HGI properties have, these were very comfortable and plush, which are the ones my wife and I prefer. The staff at the hotel went out of their way to make us feel at home and answered any and every question we had about Yellowstone park and the surrounding area with a smile. Hotel is a newer property, it is located close to the highway but not right on top of it, so the road noise isn't bad. Pool and fitness area were what you would expect at a Hilton property, couple of treadmills, an eliptical and a nautilus machine. Pool was a little small, however my kids enjoyed it and the water temp was good. This was one of the few places we stayed that I felt at home in...had a bad experience with and HGI property in Denver, howver this one made up for it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family