“New Bozeman Favorite”
Review of Fin - CLOSED

Fin
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fin recently opened in the newly remodeled restaurant space at 211 East Main Street. We are located in the heart of downtown Bozeman for your dining convenience. Since its opening, Fin has been proudly preparing only the freshest seafood available along with local grass fed beef, local chicken, and local/organic produce (when available). With a full bar, great food, and an extensive wine list, Fin is quickly becoming a new downtown favorite.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am surprised to find I have not reviewed Fin before, because it is our new favorite. We first ate here during the soft opening. Must have been here half a dozen times at least since then, and I have never missed the opportunity to order the calamari appetizer. Simply delicious. Both my husband and I have eaten a variety of other dishes, from the menu and specials, and have never been disappointed. We have brought guests from out of town (Aspen) who were impressed, and we have recommended the restaurant to others. We are excited to have a classy place with a great menu, and the ability to have some private conversation.
We will be back often!

4  Thank Alida S

Reviewed March 23, 2014

A birthday dinner - could not have been better! The salmon with honey-maple-Jameson was incredible, the flavors mixed so well and the salmon cooked to perfection! What a treat! We also enjoyed the 'starter' of crab legs, lobster and shrimp. What a great way to sample foods you haven't eaten in ages! I highly recommend this new Bozeman restaurant!

1  Thank cassie h
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was so excited to try this place, and left completely dissappointed. It was so expensive, so I was expecting an extravagant meal. Instead we got extremely fatty "New York" Steak, a disgusting piece of salmon with a nasty "lobster" sauce on it. Tasted like it was made from a packet. The salmon was mushy and tasteless. Everything was luke warm. The veggies tasted like nothing as well. The baked potatoes are extremely plain. I could make better ones at home. I ended up only eating a few bites of my Salmon and was feeling sick to my stomach the rest of the night. And that is supposed to be worth 30 something dollars? I don't think so. They gave me a drink on the house and a free dessert (which was not that great either). That in no way makes up for the food that was served. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't go there.

3  Thank Daria U
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My dad and I visited Fin after a day of touring the local college campus. We were greeted and sat right away and the decor was very elegant. Out water glasses were never empty, which is great. I ordered the stuffed salmon with lobster sauce. It was great! The lemon scallop stuffing tasted like strong sweet lemon but paired with the sauce, it helped. I am not heavily a good critic so I really enjoyed everything! There are days when I crave that dish still. The service was great and the food came out warm and within good time. There menu could have a bit more to it, but I would love to go back! PS: They serve warm water lobster, not cold water, incase you are picky to that.

1  Thank Jackie K
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Fin is one of the two “dinner” restaurants in Bozeman that we had not yet visited. In spite of the mixed reviews we decided to give it a try. Overall we were not disappointed.

The bar area is spacious with an open feel to it due in part to the full glass front wall. The dining area has a more intimate feel to it with the dark décor and white table cloths.

I don’t recall if we were actually greeted as we entered the restaurant as our friends were already seated at the bar and we move directly to them. When I did return to the reception area, I was quickly acknowledged and advised that our table was ready when we were.

When seated we shared the calamari appetizer. It was excellent and a nice departure from the usual breaded and deep fried variety. Each couple shared a Caesar salad, in a very unique parmesan crust bowl.

For entrées, the tuna tartar, scallops and langoustine were ordered. The tuna was ample and properly cooked rare. Instead of the scallops that had been ordered, a delicious and abundant serving of steamed clams and mussels arrived. The langoustine consisted of a small lobster tail, three shrimp and a small dollop of steamed rice and veggies. All a bit meager appearing.

After some debate we ordered the crème brulee for the table. It arrived warm and was very good.

The bar and wait staff were all very pleasant and attentive with only one minor delay in the dinner service. Overall the service and food were very good to excellent but certainly upper end price wise and to a degree, relative to quantity.

The negatives - certainly the “steamers” served in lieu of scallops. However the error was quickly noted and the waitress quickly responded to correct it. However, our friend declined the offer which turned out to be a good decision and enjoyed the “steamers.

We also noted the staff removing table decorations while there were still diners present. A definite no no.

Will there be a return visit ------- definitely.

1  Thank Buf0rdT