“Not as great the second time”

Main Street Overeasy
Ranked #4 of 242 Restaurants in Bozeman
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Main Street Overeasy is a popular Downtown Bozeman Breakfast Restaruant. Opened in 1998 by Chef Erik Carr, Main Street Overeasy is the locals' choice for breakfast!
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I had been to this local breakfast hotspot two years before on our first trip to Bozeman. I absolutely loved it back then . . . not so much this time. My husband and I were totally jazzed about having breakfast here after our great experience our first time around.

We never mind waiting for a table if it's worth it and we have the time. We did have a wait on a Saturday morning of Montana State University's homecoming weekend, but didn't have to wait too long. We were seated in the crowded and small restaurant and were promptly offered coffee by their effervescent hostess. Our waitress in contrast was very reserved and quiet with such a small voice I could barely hear her in the noisy restaurant. Nevertheless, we ordered our breakfast starting out with a cinnamon roll to share with my husband. The coffee was delicious, but the cinnamon bun was the single most decadent morsel I had eaten in a long time. It wasn't that it was super big, but it was hot, moist with wonderful icing and topped with a large blob of fresh melting BUTTER! Oh. My. Word. It was heaven on earth. DO NOT MISS THIS! After fighting over the last bite, we were served our breakfasts. I asked for two poached eggs cooked medium as part of their basic 2 egg breakfast. It included a fat slice of dense, tasty toast and potatoes. My eggs were underdone as were the potatoes. The potatoes were just raw and awful and I left most of them on my plate. I understand being busy, but let the potatoes get brown & crispy, ok? I only ate one of my eggs.

Another item that we ordered that we had discovered on our original trip are their amazing pancakes. We only ordered one to share as we remembered how big these were. The pancake didn't disappoint. It is soft and moist with the most amazing crispy edges. I don't know how they do it, but if I could get away with eating just the edges of three pancakes I would have. They are fabulous! Don't miss these either.

While I really enjoy the Main Street Overeasy, I think that I will probably start trying different breakfast joints during my next visit to the fantastic town of Bozeman!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overeasy is relatively small but cozy and do they do a great breakfast. The service was excellent considering how busy it was and the food was terriffic. The bison sausage and patties were very flavorful and made the breakfast a bit special with these regional inclusions. Priced right and enough coffee to keep you wired for the day if you wish.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Any number of locals had told us that Main Street Overeasy served the best breakfast in Bozeman and after trying numerous places, we agree. It is a must stop whenever we overnight in town. It is not a place you just happen to drive by and decide to stop in. Located right downtown in the heart of the business district, it is inside an old office building. Look for the sandwich board on the sidewalk so you don't miss the entrance. You may have to park a block or so away. Trust me, it's worth the effort. Great food and service. A favorite with locals so don't be surprised if you have to wait during peak hours. If you want a nice breakfast that's a notch above the norm, Main Street Overeasy delivers.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went to this restaurant because of the good reviews. Serving size were average; taste was
rather mediocre and the price was more than what I expected for what we got. Even the coffee
wasn't good!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

One of the established breakfast places in Bozeman packed with regulars and tourists alike. Nearly always busy, but not a long wait. Staff is very attentive, and friendly, even when busy. Limited menu, but excellent food, and coffee strong! Try the special Mexico City Breakfast Enchiladas for a taste south of the border.

1  Thank MontanaVet