“Best Mexican food in Bozeman”
Review of Casa Sanchez - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa Sanchez
Cuisines: Mexican
Bozeman, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican food in Bozeman”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Mike and Lauri Sanchez make really fresh, tasty Mexican food. It's located in at nice little home on the edge of the MSU campus. It's really a nice setting, with outdoor seating in the summer.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank mmbMontana

Montana
“GO TO TACO TIME AND SAVE SOME MONEY”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My wife and I ate here last Friday at 1 p.m. We were the only customers in the restaurant. We both kept our coats on because the building was not warm enough to take them off.

I ordered a combination plate with a chile relleno and chicken mole enchilada along with black beans and rice. My wife ordered an enchilada plate. Our meals arrived and I was completely disappointed. I think we both were. We both agreed the black beans tasted like they came straight from a can with no additional seasoning. The chicken in the enchilada tasted like it also came straight from a can. The mole sause wasn't even worth commenting on. The relleno was greasy and almost tasteless. My wife's enchilladas were pretty boring.

And this meal cost us $35 which included one soft drink.

This is the second worst Mexican food I have ever eaten behind an experience in Denver in 1967.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Skip59716
East Tennessee
“Very expensive mexican food”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Casa Sancheez is located next to the campus of Montana State University on 9th street. The restaurant is located in an older home. We dined on the deck behind the house. The dining outside deck was very enjoyable. My family of four visited for lunch and we ordered the lunch specials and our cost with no hard drinks was close $60 dollars!
The food was fresh and good but not great compared to the cost of the food.
Nothing great that will take me back to this restaurant on our next trip out to Bozeman.
In summary, cannot recommend simply due to the expense.

1 Thank Cheapseater
Midlothain, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The only place we'll eat Mexican and we live in Virginia.”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I lived in Bozeman for a summer while my husband was at MSU. We had dinner there one night and we we're hooked. This was in 2000. We live in Virginia and have given up Mexican food until we visit or move back to Bozeman. So far, any place we've tried pales in a pitiful attempt to make Mexican food. We are excited about our next trip to Mt. so we can get our fix and introduce our 7 year old to Mexican food. That Casa ROCKS!.

1 Thank MontanaRN
montana
“great mexican food”
Reviewed January 11, 2009

This is one of the best restaurants in Bozeman and probably the best Mexican food in the state. The food is very fresh with a lot of traditional and vegetarian options. They have a large beer and wine list and a great deck in the summer. I think for the quality of food and the quantity this is a great place. One of our families favorites. We also always have great service and the wait staff is very friendly.

1 Thank zellaMontana