“Good Strong Black Coffee”
Review of Cafe Internationale - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, International, Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Livingston, Montana
“Good Strong Black Coffee”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Love the industrial atmosphere. Always a good cup of Strong Coffee! Their treats are tempting and other variety of drinks. Free internet. Always full of college characters.

Visited October 2012

Bozeman, Montana
“second visit”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wide range of food on the menu, but only beer and wine for cocktails.
First visit all was good, 1 year later: dull service, modest salad and side, flat beer and worst of all a hair on the plate and very, very greasy fish.
Won't be going back.

• Visited November 2012
CORVALLIS
“Disappointing food and service”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant has one of the most "eclectic" menus - in a bad way - that I have ever encountered. It is difficult to imagine that any kitchen could possibly produce fresh food of such an incredible variety from Italian pastas to far eastern curries to prime rib. Nothing is authentic but on the other hand nothing is truly objectionable.
Breads and salads are poor quality, side dishes are in small quantities and not very tasty. The saving grace in our meals were the meats and fish. Grilled lamb very tasty, salmon moist and prime rib rare as requested.
Service was casual.

• Visited October 2012
Bozeman, Montana
“After almost 20 years, my favorite restaurant in Bozeman”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've read the negative reviews. I have long experience with this establishment. Also I travel extensively and have dined in China, Thailand, India, South Africa, Italy, Morocco, Myanmar, France, Argentina, Sweden and points in between. You get the idea. South African lobster tail in South Africa with great quality to price South African wine is probably impossible to beat. And an open air restaurant in Indonesia brings back memories as do hookah pipes in a rooftop bar in Egypt and a great two hour dinner in France.

No restaurant can replicate all that. But Cafe International in Bozeman accomplishes an interesting slice of those possibilities, at reasonable prices.

I am at a point in life where I can dine anywhere and such that others offer to take me to lunch or dinner to suggest business deals. I tell them to make a reservation at Cafe International.

From negative reviews, it appears that service problems have happened. In all my visits I've not experienced such problems, but I have noticed a turnover of employees so I respect those opinions.

The service may have had some glitches that I've not experienced, but the food is definitely worth trying.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TravelWriter59718
“Perfection!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We got married on Friday and wanted a nice place to enjoy dinner after the ceremony. We tried to get into many other places, but the wait times were up to two hours (Friday before Labor Day-all campgrounds etc were closed due to fire danger so everyone went out it seems). We got right and were treated like royalty. Note: we had given them no indication we were just married. The service was prompt, the food was amazing, and the relaxed atmosphere was perfect! The menu is a delightful mix of the local usual including steak, prime rib etc and interesting dishes that all sound like a wonderful treat when you are feeling like something new. We started with the calamari which came with three delightful dipping sauces which were nicely balanced. The calamari itself was lightly battered and not tough or rubbery. We each enjoyed our bread, salad, veg, and starch. We decided on steak for the evening, and they were cooked exactly as we had ordered. My husband tried the peppercorn sauce with his, I did not have sauce. He allowed me to try his, and as with the rest of the meal, the seasonings were well balanced. With the exception of the salad which I asked had a bit of freshly cracked pepper on, there was never a need to add seasoning. This would be a great place to go anytime. They will make you feel taken care of and special. Although this was a very important occasion for us, I am sure we will be back on a regular basis. I could not be happier with our experience.

• Visited August 2012