“Nice”

John Bozeman's Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Bistro continues its tradition of fine-dining in an elegant yet casual environment offering their guests a unique experience with Montana hospitality in a one-of-a-kind setting. The imaginative world cuisine, fine wines, quality brews and great service are enhanced by the unique design of the renovated 1905 downtown building. The menu is known for its creative treatment of the freshest ingredients with an international flair offering a multi-dimensional flavor. The customer returns, because The Bistro staff cares. The Bistro is passionate about cooking and caters a wide variety of events as well as smaller corporate and family gatherings seeking upscale Hors d' Oeuvre luncheon and dinner parties. Good food makes a great party, anytime anywhere. If your hungry for a traditional meal with flair or something refreshing and different, head for The Bistro.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ate there several years ago and was very disappointed. Decided to give it another try today with an out of town guest. What a treat it was. Good service good food but a but costly. Only down side was no cocktails other than beer and wine plus a little noisy. Will go again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

After reading other reviews, I thought this would be a good place for a group birthday dinner. When we arrived, and it was revealed that there was a birthday in the group, the table was given a complimentary bottle of wine, which was extremely nice. That was probably the best part of the dinner. Our waiter, Jordan, was good. However, the food was meh. The table ordered a fried calamari appetizer, which was overcooked and chewy, and the breading pretty much had completely fallen off in the bag. There were a few sauces served with it, all strange. Especially the curry sauce.
I ordered the Surf n Turf special that was being offered that evening. It was advertised as a ribeye and jumbo prawns served in buerre blanc. First of all, the "jumbo prawns" would have been in the Medium bin section at the grocery store, at best. I thought it was a joke, but it was not. These were also slightly overcooked and rubbery. The best thing I can say about the ribeye is that I was amazed the cook was even able to get it cooked med-rare, as I had ordered it, because of how thin it was. My husband ordered the same meal and was left hungry at the end. The flavor was ok, but nothing that should have been priced at $36. $20, maybe.
Finally, I ordered an espresso after dinner. I was asked if I wanted a single or double, to which I replied double. Also disappointed with this, as it was weak, and just came out in a tiny cup. No spoon, no sugar, no attempt at presentation.
All things considered, I would not recommend this restaurant, nor do I plan on returning. Service was decent, but there was an impression of a very inexperienced staff. Much better options in Bozeman in this price range.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is the perfect place for business people and special occasions.

No false show here. They know what they are doing. The chef, server's and food are 4 star. A fine wine list to choose from, and an exceptional menu.

You also will not walk away if you're hungry.

If there was one restaurant in the county I would recommend whole heartedly, it would be this one.

It is not overpriced, but not an inexpensive place either. Well worth it.

1  Thank Anonymous M
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had an absolutely lovely experience at the Bistro. The service was top of the line, the food was bar none the best we had on our trip. Will definitely return when we are in the area.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and service. Food was 4star. We last ate there 3 yrs ago and were really looking forward to going back. We were 100% satisfied. A must in bozeman