“Great Find, Interesting Food”
Review of John Bozeman's Bistro - CLOSED

John Bozeman's Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Bistro continues its tradition of fine-dining in an elegant yet casual environment offering their guests a unique experience with Montana hospitality in a one-of-a-kind setting. The imaginative world cuisine, fine wines, quality brews and great service are enhanced by the unique design of the renovated 1905 downtown building. The menu is known for its creative treatment of the freshest ingredients with an international flair offering a multi-dimensional flavor. The customer returns, because The Bistro staff cares. The Bistro is passionate about cooking and caters a wide variety of events as well as smaller corporate and family gatherings seeking upscale Hors d' Oeuvre luncheon and dinner parties. Good food makes a great party, anytime anywhere. If your hungry for a traditional meal with flair or something refreshing and different, head for The Bistro.
Granite Bay, CA
“Great Find, Interesting Food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at John Bozeman's Bistro. We had eaten at a couple of other restaurants in town, but this one really impressed us. The menu and wine list were creativ, with lots of offerings from South America. Did the chef visit there recently? The Argentine beef tenderloin was very good, but the ribeye with mushroom sauce was to die for! Loved the bacon potato hash. We will definitely visit this place again next time we're in the area and recommend this place to friends who vacation there.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kathy S

Gardiner, Montana
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Wound up eating here because the wait was too long at another restaurant. It turned out to be the highlight of the night.
They offered a creative menu but the special of the night was the biggest hit. Beef tenderloin that you could cut with a fork, prawns that were cooked to perfection and a desert that was a hit with the entire table.
The only slight drawback was that the service was a little slow but the food was totally worth it.

• Visited September 2012
“Food pretty much no good.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

About a month ago me and my mother decided to dine here and immediately regretted it after looking at a severely overpriced menu. The food can't cost anywhere close to this to make? Plus in comparison with other fine dining in the area still overpriced! My mom sent back rice dish and I ate a terribly bland pasta dish with tiny tiny shrimp in it. Waitress was great though no complaints there. Just been thinking alot about how the dinner was the worst I've ever had in Bozeman:(

1 Thank freetruth
Helena, Montana
“Very pricey”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The food here wasn't that bad, but we definitely felt as if we paid way too much for our meal. We literally laughed when our dinners arrived because there was so little food. And the cost was what you'd expect to pay at a 5-start establishment. Pleasant enough atmosphere, clean & neat & friendly staff, but when we work hard for our money, we expect our meal to be more substantial than just an appetizer.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank AngelWings5725
Kalispell, Montana
“A Real Winner in a Town Full of Winners”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

One of the many reasons I enjoy visiting Bozeman is the wide variety of eateries. Being a lively college town it has it all; fancy, plain, pricy, cheap, chains and independents. With so many good restaurants in town it’s always fun to discover a new one. I hadn’t been to the Bistro before so I gave it a shot. On the way there I walked past three other restaurants. All looked good, but the clincher was when I got to the Bistro and saw the tripadvisor placard in the window showing four and a half stars (circles?).
From the outside the Bistro is a non-descript hole-in-the wall but when you step through the door you enter into a narrow, but long, full blown restaurant with a very nice atmosphere. The menu is heavy on beef (this is Montana after all) but offers other choices as well and a very interesting collection of side dishes that are not to be missed.
My wife, who is not normally a red meat eater, had the Argentine prepared tenderloin and loved it. Her comment “I’d have this again” is the best recommendation I can give. The food, wine selection, and service were all first rate. The calamari appetizer reminded me of why I shouldn’t order calamari when I’m a thousand miles from the nearest ocean and the steaks were cooked at the upper end of the range; meaning, if you can’t decide between medium-rare and medium order the medium- rare. Take those for what they are: observations, not criticisms.
Overall all this was a very positive experience. I’ll go back and you should too.

• Visited August 2012