“First visit unimpressive”

Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #87 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse, located in the beautiful city of Bozeman. We are dedicated to offering the most memorable dining experience for you. Our menu features prime Japanese steak, using only the highest quality meat, as well as fresh and delicious Japanese sushi and a full service bar. We pick ingredients carefully and use only the freshest quality ingredients in every meal. We also offer take-out and catering services, so you can enjoy the finest Japanese steak and sushi wherever you desire. Our cozy and inviting ambiance is designed to make you feel comfortable as you enjoy your meal and the authentic atmosphere. Our staff will greet you with the warmest of welcomes, whether you are a regular customer or just visiting us for the first time. We strive to provide the best steak and sushi in Bozeman, as well as a unique and exciting dining experience. Call to make a reservation or stop by today. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We knew from other reviews and from conversation with friends that it was likely to be hit or miss, but I was in the mood for a seaweed salad for dinner and we were passing by. We were also happy to see a restaurant finally fill the vacated Bennigan's site. We were seated quickly but without much interaction. There was a bit of a wait before a server arrived, though it didn't seem that busy. There are two sides for seating, the "steakhouse side" where they cook at the table and the bar/ sushi bar/ regular dining side, which we chose. We ordered drinks while we perused the menu, there was probably a 10 min wait to get them. The wait from ordering to receiving our meal was quite long with no one ever stopping by to check with us. My husband had the tempura shrimp. It came with a "salad" that was a tiny bowl of chopped iceberg lettuce. My seaweed salad was just meager and just ok. The tempura shrimp and vegetables was cold upon serving and the portion was small. I had a chicken noodle bowl. Was wishing I had ordered rolls instead. There wasn't very much chicken or vegetables in it and it too was cold. Long wait, poor service, I'll head downtown to Sweet Chile's next time....

Reviewed January 17, 2014

For lunch, and our first time here, we ate around the hibachi grill. The chef was great and had lots of personality but the two tables next to us seemed to have the opposite experience. I suppose that is hit or miss. I ordered the harumaki appetizer which was described as a spring roll but I was disappointed when it came out deep fried in a puddle of oil. The meal really went downhill from there with the mystery sashimi too. Overall, I think Wasabi Grill has great potential but will have to iron out a few kinks to compete with other great sushi restaurants in town.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We started with the sushi rolls and I thought they were good quality and tasty. I was not impressed by the flat grill presentation and would not choose to do it again. The service was incredibly bad. The server was non-engaging, rude and unprofessional. Not only did we wait a long amount of time for our food, we had ordered 2 bottles of wine which were brought to the table opened!? I have never experienced that type of wine service or lack thereof before.
Overall, I definitely think their are far better options in Bozeman.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I have been to Wasabi twice in the past week, once for dinner and once for lunch. Bento box lunch at $11 is a great value, and the dinner sushi rolls are imaginative and tasty. Gyoza, coconut shrimp tempura, naruto, mango tango, hamachi sushi - all great! Service is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My friend and I went to have lunch and try this new place out. Walking in , it was busy, we were greeted and seated within a few minutes of entering.
Our server brought us menus and asked for a beverage order, we both were thirsty and wanted water.
Upon her return with water and another offering of other beverages we had some questions about the menu. Unfortunately her answer was the same for just about anything we asked, yes and a smile. We got the feeling she didn't really understand what we were saying.
When our order came, main dish first though Miso soup was to come first according to the menu. She then brought us luke warm soup and a Roll with fried shrimp to make us feel better, we think. Our lunches were so.so. I ordered 2 ROLLS one avocado & Ebi (cooked eel) and a Chicken Roll which was a fried tender with lettuce and cucumber. Both were DRENCHED in sweet sauces. My friend ordered a CA Roll and 5 pieces of sushi. She had asked prior to ordering which sushi was cooked and wanted those pieces. She got all raw fish and was not pleased. Now, the server didn't come back for way to long and by the time she did we were finished with what we were going to eat. Empty water glasses waiting we had to ask for refill of water. When we paid the bill which was $17.50 we gave her $20.50 she never brought our change or asked if we wanted change back. A big assumption on her part. She could have been a better server and gotten a better tip. Neither of us thought it was worth going back for lunch again bit decided it may be better for dinner with a group of friends around a Habachi table. We'll see and aren't holding our breath for anytime soon.