“Just what you need!”

MountainView Lodge & Suites
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stay in this hotel everytime we come to Bozeman! My husband and I always book a king room with a fireplace and jet-tub in the room when we are on our own, and we usually book the two room suite with sitting area (pull-out couch) when we have the kids with us. We would not be able to afford those amenities anywhere else! The prices here are very reasonable! (I think we paid around $100 for a single room, the suite was more like $200...still WELL below other area hotels) If you are expecting a 4 star hotel, don't. It's a basic hotel, with a few added amenities you would not usually find at this price, such as the jet-tubs and fireplaces! Every room I have been in has had a mini-fridge and microwave also!

The breakfast is very simple. My husband and I make coffee in our room, but coffee is provided 24 hours. My kids are perfectly happy with cold cereal, yogurt, donuts, muffins, and juice. Don't expect too much more. There is a bar right next door that sells beverages and pub-style food in the evenings. There is also a gas station/convenience store next door for snack foods and the like. (You can purchase beer and wine in gas stations in Montana.) Pizza places will deliver, Johnny Carinos (Italian fare) is a two minute car ride away, and the rest of Bozeman has pretty much any kind of restaurant you are looking for! EVERYTHING in Bozeman is less than 20 minutes away!

The hotel has a small pool, which was fun for the kids. The pool area has a decent-sized hot-tub, and a sauna (which I haven't used, so I can't really review that part) When hubby and I stay here alone we don't use the pool.

The rooms are always clean! One time the TV remote wouldn't work--someone had stolen the batteries! The Desk staff was quick to fix the problem, and were equally accomodating when we asked for extra pillows and blankets for our picky kids! (Who will sleep in the same bed ONLY if they have their OWN blanket!)

If you are looking for luxury...keep looking. But if you are just looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this is it!

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi suite if you are travelling as a couple! They are only marginally more the the reg...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for MountainView Lodge & Suites

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The service and cleanliness was excellent. Their breakfast was superior to many of other hotels we have visited. Even though we booked at the last minute they gave us an excellent rate. And they still have smoking rooms, WITH A JACUZZI! The new and young attendant on the 9th & 10th was polite and even offered to port our luggage, and he was sure to check that we happy with the room each time we saw him. As such we will be visiting again soon, to this specific hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank whitewaterraft
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The rate was a little lower....overall...the service was amazing, location and cleanliness top notch but for the rate....I was dissapointed in the quality of bed and bedding. That would be my only complaint however!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We enjoyed the quiet atmosphere at the Mountain View Lodge. The Lodge is clean and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were satisfactory. I appreciated the location. Our room faced the north, so there was no interstate noise, just a train every now and then. Downtown Bozeman is just five minutes away. During the night we slept with the window wide open and enjoyed the clean mountain air in the early morning. The room we had was very handicapped accessible. I found the hotel a good value overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We found the staff friendly, the rooms satisfactory and the location convenient to our needs. I did have a momentary worry about having a "My Cousin Vinney" moment when I heard the first train roar through, but ultimately it wasn't a problem with the windows closed and the AC on. It is a little bit out of town, but the commute wasn't that bad. It was absolutely convenient to the airport. The staff were very welcoming and helpful with directions and suggestions. The 10 minute commute to downtown was worth the savings and time. The complimentary business center was a big asset in putting together our trip book. We could go online and make copies as needed. We did also enjoy the extensive breakfast options - especially once we got our waffle unstuck from the griddle. We did not take advantage of the indoor pool, but it looked very inviting. The meeting space was nice, and I can imagine holding a small conference there. The lobby and outside areas are well kept. It is nice to stay in a place where the owners are present and obviously watching out for their property. I tend to avoid chains/franchises for just that reason.

Room Tip: The further from the train tracks the better if you want to sleep with the windows open.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean and quiet, even though the train tracks were right outside our window. We didn't eat breakfast, but it looked good. For Bozeman, a good value. I would stay here again. The lobby did smell strongly of chlorine, but it's great the the pool is open until midnight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice, friendly staff, helped us find a restaurant for dinner. Front desk has "store" to buy detergent and get coins for laundry.

The rooms are very clean with great views of the mountain. The surrounding area is beautiful and we saw some wildlife from our window.

The pool had a light, wire and all, sitting at the edge of the pool. The staff said it had been this way for a while when asked if safe to get in.

The side entrance does not lock, we were surprised to see people just walk in without a key although there is a key reader next to the entrance.

The breakfast area is very small, we did not have breakfast because we did not want to wait for space to sit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family