“Great Value, Large Comfortable Room, Big Thumbs Up. 4.5 stars.”

MountainView Lodge & Suites
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Considering the quality and comfort we got for $79, I give this motel a big thumbs up. Our room was very large, clean, and comfortable. It had everything you find in the Marriott brands at 2/3 the rate. Kudos. The large hot tub (which was a perfect temp), the swimming pool and the expansive mountain lodge lobby were an added plus. The receptionist service was excellent. IF they would add fresh fruit to the breakfast, replace the older 29" cathode TV with a large flat screen and give the carpet in our room a steam cleaning - well this lodge would be five stars. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fdoamerica

Reviewed October 2, 2012

It seems one reviewer had a bad bed here, but ours were perfectly fine. It's a nice, clean place with good-sized rooms, friendly helpful staff, adequate breakfast and great location if you are flying in or out of Bozeman. A couple miles from the "big city" but if you don't mind driving to town for a meal you should stay here. I cannot recommend the place next door to eat -- adequate but nothing very great.

Room Tip: Be aware there are no elevators to the second floor . . . but three sixty-somethings managed to whee...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ontheroadsince64
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I were only going to stay one night as we were passing through. The comfort of the suite and the overall ease with the hotel and it's staff helped convince us to stay and 'vacation'. The bed was quite comfortable. Everything was very clean. The breakfast was better than most. Noise was almost nil. The price for the quality is really good. This is the 3rd time we've stayed in this hotel over the past 3 years. It's been consistently good no matter what room we've had. The location is excellent. There's a restaurant/bar next door. A convenience store, a gas station and a carwash less than a block away. The way the area is set up you can walk without fear of much traffic and with safety; which is nice when you've been in a car all day. We've decided it'll be a maintstay in our Mt travels.

Room Tip: The suites are really nice for more than one night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights in this establishment based on reviews on this site. Unfortunately, we didn't sleep very well, or at all on the second night due to the most uncomfortable bed, ever! It felt like the springs were jabbing me in the back all night and I could not get comfortable. I would have slept on the floor, I'm sure it would have been more comfortable, except that the carpet was filthy and covered with stains. The bathroom was clean, but when I took a shower and lifted up my arm to wash myself, my hand hit the ceiling. Apparently not a lot of thought went into the height of the tub compared to the ceiling. Breakfast was a no go. Greasy sausage floating in some kind of hot liquid, perhaps hot water, and dry, crumbly bisquits. The best thing about this place is it is conveniently located to the airport and the town of Bozeman, with easy access to both. I do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My room was average sized, carpet had many stains but room was clean. Breakfast was your usual affair of waffles, biscuits and gravy, not so very good sausage, rolls, 3 varieties of dry cereal, oatmeal, so so coffee. I would have appreciated a better variety of fresh fruit rather than cut up melon and grapes sitting in fluid. There is not a refrigerator in the room if that is something you feel is necessary. Staff were all very friendly and helpful with everything from best way to travel to Yellowstone to where to dine and acquiring more towels. The pool was very nice, the hot tub was hot and functional, the sauna unfortunately is out of order. I did not use the exercise room so cannot speak to that. The hotel is located near a highway, interstate and railroad line but I can honestly say that I did not hear any of it from our room. I could hear other doors closing but it was faint.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ColoradoRN
Reviewed August 26, 2012

By chance we booked this lodge on a recent stay in Bozeman. In addition to easy access to the main highways and downtown Bozeman, we experienced a comfortable nights stay with the benefit of a delightful and helpful owner. Should you book this lodge make sure to inquirer about each room for every one offers an unexpected special perk for reasonable rates.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank josiemiz
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This is a new hotel with a nice lobby area, pool, and hot tub. The room was spacious, clean and included a small refrigerator, microwave, and the best pillows. The airport is about six miles down the road. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012