“Comfortable, inviting, & clean. Nice indoor pool. Owners are friendly and helpful.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MountainView Lodge & Suites

MountainView Lodge & Suites
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Family flew and drove into Bozeman for a launch into Yellowstone. This was a perfect spot about 6 miles from the airport that let us pick up family easily. While we waited for people to arrive, my two teens enjoyed hanging out in the very nicely decorated and roomy lobby where the could be left relatively alone and disappear into their iPods. My 4-year old and I swam in the indoor pool, and that was about all she needed to be happy. I met and talked with the owners, who were both friendly and eager to make sure our stay with them was good. A pleasant experience, here. I'll definitely stay again next time I'm in Bozeman.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Front desk staff had no name tags and were indifferent. The carpet in our room was dirty. Our view was the side of a highway embankment, with the top of the mountains just barely seen through extremely dirty windows.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Max8219
Newton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

The MountainView Lodge was a very nice surprise. The rooms were very clean and nice, and amazingly quiet, and the pool and spa was lovely . The location is a good stopover point for either Yellowstone or Glacier. And the price was really quite reasonable. All in all, it was a good, solid, quiet, nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mt Vernon, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very clean and inviting. My mother, sister and I stayed there in a handicap accessible room. The spacious room had two queen beds, was easy for my mother who is in a wheelchair to navigate. The breakfast they served had many choices and was very well stocked. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

A very clean hotel not far from Bozeman Airport and about 5 minutes from the downtown area with restaurants, and easy access to I-90.
This time of the year I secured a very reasonable rate.

I would stay there again and would recommend to my friends,

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank ShirleyAD
whitehouse station
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

A total good experience. Very nice staff, the room was very good and clea and comfy. great pool. easy access to town. close to airport. great views. QUIET. I work for the Hilton hotel corp and could not get into their 3 properties in Bozeman. I chose this lodge and was very pleasantly surprised.. GREAT JOB!!!
PS: i see a bad review. obvious that person would not like the Waldorf Astoria.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SelmerSaxman
Jackson, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel because my husband and I were traveling to our hometown and needed a place to stay for the night. I wanted a hotel that was around $80 for a king sized bed and allowed a dog (which when booking the reservation they do not tell you they charge a $10 fee per night...that wasn't a huge deal to us, but they should still tell the customer anyway).

I researched many hotels in the area and was deciding between Mountainview and La Quinta (I have stayed before and enjoyed it). This hotel was ranked as #5 (versus La Quinta which was #10 on trip advisor)so I chose it. Unfortunately it was not up to my standards. The lobby was quite charming upon arrival, which set me up even more. However, the front desk agent was not in a uniform (in fact she was a in a t-shirt and jeans) and was not overly friendly or helpful. When we got to our room, I was very disappointed. Although VERY clean, it was not modern at all. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, the pillows did not hold a shape and the comforter was not only visually unappealing, but not warm or soft. It seemed like the hotel got by with the cheapest amenities available to them. The continental breakfast was the worst I have ever had. The cereal was stale and generic, the gravy for the biscuits was sticky, stringy and tasted sour and they did not have real juice available (the orange juice tasted like kool-aid).

I was not surprised that our vehicle was one of four out in the parking lot. For being ranked as number #5 I was expecting far more than what I received. If this hotel makes it until the end of the year, I will be surprised as we did not even see anyone in the lobby while we ate their so-called breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone else. I can find hotels for the same price that are much much higher quality than this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple