“Tastiest fried chicken in Bozeman”

Roost Fried Chicken
Ranked #16 of 235 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bozeman, Montana
“Tastiest fried chicken in Bozeman”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recommend this place to everyone I know because the chicken is so perfect. My only critique is that the side dishes can be underseasoned at times. That is an easy fix though. beyond that this place is excellent.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank MartyCharles

“WOW!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

And I thought I had had southern fried chicken before. NOT! This is the best fried chicken I have ever tasted, even my granny's fried chicken wasn't this good! Juicy and moist inside and crispy outside. Great sides like fried okra, cheese grits and yummy creamy coleslaw. A little on the pricey side but worth every penny. We will be going back often.

1 Thank JaynieC
“Yummiest Fried Chicken”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

It's just really, really great fried chicken - tasty, a bit of zing to it. Friends told me that they had been there 3 times in a week so I was anxious to try it. Really yummy fried chicken and biscuits. Very casual setting. Some outdoor seating. After I visited, friends brought a bucket of chicken to our house for a picnic. We were so happy to have more!!

1 Thank AnnieMomus
Bozeman, Montana
“Great new addition to casual dining in Bozeman”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Roost fried chicken is outstanding! I ordered the fried chicken sandwich and had a big piece of perfectly cooked, tender, juicy chicken in a flavorful and crispy batter. It was delicious. It was served on a fresh bun that was grill-toasted just right, and had a little bit of tasty sauce, pickles and lettuce on it. This was served with excellent, homemade fries that were, again, perfectly cooked and sprinkled with just the right amount of sea salt. My husband had the fried chicken strips with fries and a great honey-mustard dipping sauce. We accompanied this with very good iced tea (classic southern sweet or unsweetened). For a satisfying meal for both of us, we spent only $17!

Two weekends ago at a local arts festival, we also got to try their shredded chicken Alabama sandwich and it was also excellent. Their restaurant on Main Street has a pleasant outdoor area as well as a simple and fresh inside area. I will be going back and look forward to trying another southern classic, the grilled pimento cheese sandwich.

1 Thank Karen L
“Great Fried Chicken”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The chicken is great! Really classic and has a great batter. Fried okra was great also. Biscuits and Mac and Cheese was just ok. Biscuits were not cooked all the way through. The place itself was really nice, great outdoor seating, and very clean. I would go back.