“Petrified pizza”

Ranked #46 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Local Neapolitan Wood Fired Pizzeria. Built inside a charming remodeled old Montana granary. All food is prepared fresh daily using classic Italian and Neapolitan recipes. Extensive Beer & Wine list, as well as outdoor seating.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were excited to try out this restaurant because of the wood fired oven. We ordered 2 Margarita pizzas and they came quickly. Service was good and our waitress was friendly. However the pizza was the oddest one we have ever had anywhere. Its crust was very crunchy and tough. It was difficult to cut it with a pizza cutter. It wasn't overdone in the sense that it was burnt, rather it was dehydrated and petrified. The place is small and tables are densely packed in but it was nice inside, just terrible pizza.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This pizza is straight from Italy. It is then crusted and wood fired cooked in an oven that the owner built himself. The restaurant was clean and inviting. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside. We also had the cob salad with our pepperoni pizza that was excellent.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Love the brick oven pizza here. . The atmosphere is fun and the staff are friendly. They have a wide variety of fun and fresh toppings

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoyed our pizza and I'd rate the pizza as "very good". (We seek out wood fired pizza wherever we travel and tend to compare it to great pizza where we live.) The pizza toppings are interesting and our server was excellent in giving us suggestions. We'd definitely eat here again, though next time I'll ask for my pizza to be more well done. (I like the crust crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.) There was a 30 minute wait the night we ate here but it went quickly and we were seated pretty much at the time estimated by the hostess. The salad special we shared was excellent! I'd recommend Pizza Campania.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I own a restaurant in the area and it's always difficult for me to choose places to dine when my wife and I need a break from our own food. This place is a no brainer when it comes to pizza. The wood fired oven cranks out some super good choices and we are never disappointed. This creativity carries over to their other dishes with some very well executed pastas and salads.

The place is small and can become loud and crowded; a testament to the great food, but you are too busy enjoying the taste of real Neopolitan pizza perfectly to care. Definitely our choice when we need a pizza fix!

1  Thank woolyworm