“pholicous phosure”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Bozeman, Montana
“pholicous phosure”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good stuff. Yes you can pick whats in it and not every ingredient is from planet sodium. I have been there twice which is more than I can say about lots of Bozeman restaurants that have come and gone. They give you plenty of food for your coin and its fresh and tasty. I have had pho in Seattle and other places and of course not every place makes it the same its Vietnamese comfort food and if someone stole your momas recipe you would not be pleased. I suggest the curry broth if you love thai curry this is a good place to start trying it. You pick your protein and I have had the chicken and the beef and both were great. Throw in some sirracha and jalapenos if you are lovin the hot like I do. I think the owner was there when we were she seemed pretty involved and she fixed the lemonade dispenser for me when I was there. Saw another review critical of the staff but I must say everyone was friendly and upbeat when I was there and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the experience. Seating is cafeteria style and you bus your own table I am a messy eater when it comes to a succulent bowl of noodles and veggies.
Had a half of a bahn mi and it was good as well. Dont get both unless you are wearing your mc hammer pants....the bowl the large comes in would be suitable for bathing a small child...
All in all good stop for some hot noodles on a cold day can definitely see hitting it on the way back from bridger when I am cold and hungry after skiing.....

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank spendingdagreen406

Montana
“This is not the Vietnamese restaurant you were looking for.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

They serve Pho and Banh Mi only. This is not a Vietmanese restaurant.

Good:
It's cheap.
It's on Main Street.

OK:
The Banh Mi was Ok - Good. Make sure you say Yes to the pate and the spices.

It's not Vietmanese, it's a chance to get the following items in a bowl, like an Asian Subway:

Noodles
Broth (beef, chicken, vegie, chicken curry)
Meat
12 different veggies (mushrooms, green onions, jalepenos, etc,)

It's not Pho, it's noodles and broth and veggies. The beef broth is not pho broth. I went with two friends who liked the chicken curry. It's more like noodle/veggies/broth soup than it is like pho.

The Not So Great:

I was there on two days and interacted with six different staff. None of them cared about me as a customer, they just wanted to get me on to the next person.

• Visited April 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Finally fast food that is tasty and healthy...and fun”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had heard about the place but was suficiently unfamiliar with Veitnamese food to be slow in trying it. Big mistake. The food is fast, tasty, healthy and fun.

The concept is simple. Walk in, pick your broth (beef, chicken, vegetable, coconut curry) and your protein (tofu, beef, chicken) get some veggies on top in minute or two you are slupping a hot delicious soup. Add hot sauce (I do) or other sauces to taste. You can add hot Vietnamese coffee (like Thai coffee) or iced bubble tea. They also offer Vietnamese sandwhiches which I have have not tried but others have said they are great.

Bear in mind, this is not the French Laundry. In and out quickly and cheaply--but really tasty food, fun environment, and did I mention healthy?

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Murray S
“This Place is For Real!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We arrived around 6:45 pm to try out this new restaurant. Yummy! They offer 2 sizes for 7.95 or 9.95. You pick your meat, chicken, or tofu. Then choose a beef broth, chicken broth, vegetable broth, or coconut curry. They place the fresh noodles in a very hot pot of water for a minute. After placing the noodles in a large porcelain bowl, they ladle the broth on the noodles. Moving along, you can select as many add-ons as you like: Cilantro - Basil - Green Onion
Radish - Limes - Bean Sprouts
Jalapenó - Mint - Yellow Onion
Spinach - Carrot - Sugar Snap Peas
Soy Bean - Bok choy - Mushrooms
They also offer sandwiches and Bubble Tea. I had the almond flavored tea. My very wonderful daughter had the mango.
The soup is filling. We did enjoy this place, as it was very clean. You bus your own tables!

Visited March 2013
Great Falls, Montana
“Not bad, but a bit pricey”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food here is decent enough, but pho is a fairly cheap food and the prices here don't reflect that. Employee also forgot to make my coffee after I sat down. I would suggest this place if your looking for some food after visiting the bars downtown, but for a lunch establishment I was not that impressed.

• Visited February 2013