“Great fun had by all!”

Ranked #5 of 65 things to do in Bozeman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What can I say GREAT place for anyone who loves the outdoors. Skiing is awesome! Their instructors are all awesome. Just a short drive from Bozeman.

All reviews
"great family"
"something for everyone"
"two days"

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Basic Info: Adult lift tickets for a full day are $49, although it's only $40 if you buy your lift ticket after 12:30 pm. Lift tickets for children and seniors are cheaper. The slopes close at 4 pm, at least on Fridays. The main lodge has a cafe, and there is a small gift shop located inside the rental office. Both lodges have locker rentals for 50 cents, and full-sized seasonal lockers are available for season rental. The parking lot is much larger than I expected, but after my visit (on a Friday afternoon) I realized that the place is probably packed on the weekends, with parking spots hard to come by.

If you are any skiing experience, you might as well skip the rest of my review because I am far from an expert skier- more like a good skier that is now many years out of practice. But Bridger Bowl has lots of slopes to choose from. There is a bunny slope which is fairly flat, but also very narrow considering it's full of kids learning to ski and people trying to figure out how to turn left and right. But it's a good place to get started. Sunnyside Trail is probably the next easiest trail. After that, they seem to get slightly more difficult, and I'm not going to presume to be able to rate the difficulty or comparability since I consider myself to be a novice (again).

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love skiing Bridger Bowl! We usually only go skiing once a year (no hills near Fargo, ND!), and used to vary trips between Bridger Bowl and Big Sky/Moonlight. Bridger is obviously a smaller ski resort than Big Sky, but for the price and the customer service, it's hard to beat, especially if you use the Powerhound Package deal. There are a good variety of runs for Beginner and Intermediate skiers, and it looks like there are good runs for experts too, but we don't go on the expert-only lift up to the ridge (as I mentioned, we ski once/year!). There are a few black runs you can access from the mid-mountain lifts, so you can have a little adventure without committing to something crazy. The skiing at Bridger is always good, but what really stands out is their customer service. I'm not sure what kind of customer service training they do there, but it works! Everyone from the reservations people (so helpful!!), to the rental shop guys (again, really helpful), to the lifties (always in a good mood), to the servers in Jimmy B's restaurant (great service - especially from Larry!) are happy and helpful and glad you are there. Even the guys in the first aid cabin are great. Even if you don't need them, they have cool t-shirts for sale to support the rescue dogs! We also enjoy the other skiers at Bridger - they attract a much more friendly, down-to-earth crowd than Big Sky. If you fall down and have a "yard sale", there are always a bunch of people stopping to help and making sure you're ok. Embarrassing, but nice! Another nice advantage to skiing Bridger is staying in Bozeman. Lots of good restaurants, cool college town vibe, awesome co-op, etc. There are also a variety of nice places to stay at varying price points. We prefer the C'Mon Inn for the nice rooms, breakfasts, and multiple hot tubs. Hope you enjoy your time at Bridger. Tell Larry at Jimmy B's we said "hi"!!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Dress warm for this gem in the rough. Don't get me wrong I love the mountain it just needs a few fixes. Please add a buss from the parking lots well below the base lodge. add a high speed lift from the bottom so that when the wind blows (and it always blows) you get out of it faster. And lastly fix your anamometer, If I had known it was actually 20MPH I would not have driven up, I would have gone to nearby Yellowstone's North end.

1  Thank DonZinn