“Awesome Place”
above house
creekside fun
Gertrude and Maude
front lawn
west creek view from bridge
wedding in north meadow
back yard outdoor movie night
wood chuck
north meadow and pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Steven W
Acampo, California
“Awesome Place ”
Reviewed March 18, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I just have to write that Teresa, the owner is the nicest, sweetest person you will ever meet. She went way out of her way to ensure we had the best stay ever. I can't say enough nice things about her. The home we stayed in was spectacular. Just what we needed. It felt like home. Cozy, comfortable, clean, everything worked. It was simply awesome. Great central location. Our son is a student at MSU and we were there to spend part of Spring Break with him... at his request I might add. We will definitely rent again. Teresa made us feel like family. God bless her.

Rebecca G
“Gorgeous Mountain Getaway with All the Outdoor Amenities, 10 Min to Bozeman”
Reviewed November 10, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I and our two kids stayed at Rockin' TJ Ranch for 3 weeks in July 2014, and it goes down as one of the greatest family vacations we've ever had...in large part due to our stay at Rockin TJ Ranch. I asked my 14-year old son what he would give as a rating from 1 to 5. He said "absolutely a 5." Here were his reasons: "Hot tub, really comfortable beds, gorgeous property, nice people, great fields for outdoor games - frisbee, baseball, horseshoes, fishing, bonfires - and a great basketball court."

We absolutely loved our stay. The house was comfortable, and the grounds are what make this venue absolutely wonderful. Teresa and her crew - who are so friendly and helpful - take meticulous care of the grounds. The lawns are sprawling and gorgeous. The stream that runs through the entire property is so beautiful and inviting. We fished from the bridge, and even caught a couple throw-backs. My daughter enjoyed the hammock, and we took walks almost very day. I worked out many mornings by the creek, while my husband found a jogging route he loved.

One night, when we wanted to make a bonfire down by the river, I told Teresa earlier that day, and she had the fire ready for us that evening, came down and met us to light it, and made sure we had everything we needed. We made s'mores and listened to music while the kids played in the creek. It was the ultimate vacation experience.

Down the driveway from the house, there is a gorgeous barn Teresa uses to host her events, such as wedding and university gatherings. She would always give us a head's up when they were happening - this was never a problem for us. The house is a good distance from the barn, there are trees and landscaping physically separating the two, and while the people in the wedding parties would come up to the adjoining structure next to the house (I think this is where the dressing room is) and the house was between event parking and the barn, it never bothered us in the least. And the events only lasted a few hours, then we had it all to ourselves again. Multiple times, Teresa offered leftovers from events she'd catered on-site. One day I came in from being out and saw a gorgeous flower centerpiece on the table she'd brought us to enjoy.

We had our motorcycle and UTV with us and drove them around the property and surrounding dirt roads multiple times. She was totally cool with whatever we wanted to do, and was very accommodating throughout our stay. We did have trouble with the dishwasher, and she came right in and offered a solution. We had trouble with the wifi, but I found I had trouble in various spots around Bozeman, probably due to the valley location of the city. I run my own business and required constant wifi to stay connected, attend virtual meetings, etc, and I only had one day out of 3 weeks where I had to go into town to get a signal. Again, I think it's just the valley and mountains that make coverage sub-optimal on certain days than others.

I asked my husband what rating he would give and he said 4.5. The main reason for his half-a-point-rating below a perfect 5.0 was the dishwasher and the dated outdoor furniture. But anytime we had a problem, Teresa - the owner - was on it! She cares greatly for her renters and quickly attends to any issues. He also loved the proximity - secluded, beautiful ranch surrounded by mountain views, and yet 10 minutes to Bozeman and surrounding sites.

We hope - and would absolutely love - to go back one day, in the summer again, or maybe try it in the winter. Me, my husband, my 19-year old daughter, and my 14-year old son would strongly recommend Rockin TJ Ranch to any other family or group who wants to enjoy all Bozeman has to offer in an idyllic mountain+creek setting with hard-working, nice people who care greatly for the experience their guests have at their home. Thank you, Teresa and crew!

Traveling group: Teenagers
scott c
Gillette, Wyoming
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed November 7, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

As newlyweds we stayed at the Rockin TJ rental house for a week to honeymoon in the surrounding areas of Bozeman.
The house was clean and very cozy and had all the amenities we could have asked for. The kitchen has a full set of dishes and cookware, a grill on the back deck, washer and dryer in the house, games and movies, fireplace, and a hot tub.
The Rockin TJ property was beautiful, from the creek flowing in the front yard to the mountain views, and surrounding trees.
The staff and owner were very helpful with any questions we had. They even provided cut firewood for the fireplace daily. The hot rub was great after a day on the slopes. The location is close enough to downtown Bozeman for dining and shopping but far enough away for nice privacy form the lights of town.
A custom cleaning schedule was offered for our stay to fit our needs.
Our experience in Bozeman and our stay at the Rockin TJ was great and we plan to return in the future. I would recommend this lodging for anyone.
Thanks to Teresa and he staff for the memories!

Liked best: The hospitality, and Location
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
familygmo...
Kenmore, Washington
“Not quite what was advertised”
Reviewed November 2, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

I was excited to have this rental because we had extended family coming up for MSU family day and we were looking forward to the seclusion. The house has a nice layout however its very outdated and worn looking once there. The bedroom are charming and the beds are comfortable. Our first meal at the house started with having to wash the pots and pans because they were dirty...not dusty but food particles on them. Half of the dinner plates were the same way and we soon found out why. It was because the dish wash (which the top rack was broken) could not handle the size of half the dinner plates provided in the cabinets. Lots of hand washing over the vacation. The bathroom shower was too short for anyone over 5'10" which could have been easily fixed with a $6 extension part from Home Depot. The hair dryer in main bathroom was broken however another one was provided. The wi-fi in the house is so incredibly slow we were not able to use the computer or the TV (through the internet) or our smart phones. The thing that really set this rating to poor however was our last night there we were going to have a bonfire by the stream and while we were playing horseshoes some cars drove up to the barn next door where the bonfire pit is located. We assumed they were setting up for an event in the next day or two however it was the owners family and friends having a cookout and made use of the bonfire, horseshoes and swings that were suppose to be included (as advertised) with our rental. There were children coming up to the house and in-between our vehicles with toys and when I called the owner, I was ignored. We ended up spending the night inside the house since they stayed there well into dark and we wanted that seclusion. Overall i feel it wasn't what was advertised.

Liked best: The property itself
Liked least: People using the property while we were there without consideration
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Nov 7, 2014
Thank you for your critic. We appreciate our guests feedback in order to maintain a high standard. We will take your concerns into consideration for the next guests that stay with us.
Scott C
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing family getaway!”
Reviewed September 17, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

What an amazing stay we had here. Such a nice place for us with our 2 kids, a beautiful ranch getaway with such accommodating people overseeing the location. There is a lovely creek meandering through the property, and there is lots of room for kids to wander and run around, a tire swing in the back, lots of beautiful hikes in the area, and the ranch is close to Bozeman, which is a nice funky little university town with lots of great dining and shopping. We were absolutely thrilled with our stay, and were sad to go. It's too bad the ratings don't go higher than 5 stars!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything - great for kids, beatifully kept.
Liked least: Nothing.
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Montana
Reviewed November 5, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
NH
Reviewed November 3, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing