“Great spot for lunch and then some....”
Review of Bacchus Pub - CLOSED

Bacchus Pub
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My partner and I stopped here for lunch on my first visit to Bozeman. It is located on Main Street in the Baxter Hotel. Dining is both indoor and out. We sat outside on a great day. I had their club, which was good, but would have been better toasted. I chose a side salad and was not disappointed. My partner had a reuben with tater tots and gave it two thumbs up! They have some great items on the menu and all are tempting. A nice place not to be missed when in Bozeman!

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I and our 2 young girls stopped in for a late lunch after a hike up to the "m". We had just arrived into Bozeman the night before and knew nothing about the local restaurants.
It was the tastiest most relaxed meal we had on our trip through Wyoming and Montana.

Luckily we were not in a hurry. The service was very slow but pleasant. It was late in the afternoon on a Saturday and surprisingly busy with adults, families etc. As parents of 2 boisterous girls we usually have to eat fast or bring a bag if supplies to keep the kids occupied. Here there was a pacman machine. The angels were singing!!!!! The kids ate and then played pacman at a nearby table with each other and other kids - quietly, happily. For parents of young kids this is a godsend.

But back to the food. Whoever is in their kitchen is good. I had a beef and vegetable pasty (an English savory filled pocket) with a peach chutney. My husband had a great chicken pot pie and the kids ate ALL of their food which never happens. Add to this a couple of good beers and 45 minutes of adult conversation and we were happy campers.

Lest you think this is just a family style place with kids running around it is not. There were plenty of adults around enjoying themselves too.

Great atmosphere inside this place too.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My sister and I visit Bozeman and both times my sister has paid her bill there she has been ripped off and $10 more was added to her bill under the tip. She was back home to Wisconsin when she noticed the first time and the manager sent her money thru the mail. The second time was a couple weeks ago. She left a cash tip and didn't put a tip on her card and it was added on again. She stopped in there and the manager had no problem giving it back and acted like it was no big deal. My daugher goes to school there and was with friends and had a drink and used her card. The next day there was $50 taken out of her card. WTH?? She's a poor college student! How many people that go to the Bacchus get ripped off and don't even check their bill. Apparently this happens a lot that the manager is so understanding. This is 3 incidents in one family. Watch Out

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

On our trip to Bozeman we happened upon Bacchus pub and what a treat! Loved the ambiance and the service was delightful. Our bartender was busy and serving people all over but still had time to chat with us. She steered us toward the burgers made from Wyoming beef and I'm glad I ordered one. Really great flavor and done right! They were featuring Moscow Mules and that was also a treat. The next day we went back again and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. You're doing things right here. Keep up the good work!

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Enjoying an ice cold Moscow Mule on a warm summer day while enjoying the people watching in downtown Bozeman is a great way to spend the evening! The bar is bustling, service is excellent, and it's the only place in town you can get a pasty. All the locals already know about this spot, but if you're just passing through it's definitely a place you should visit.

Date of visit: July 2012