“Pretty cool to see the bears so up close!”

Montana Grizzly Encounter
Ranked #4 of 63 things to do in Bozeman
More attraction details
Owner description: Montana Grizzly Encounter is a grizzly bear rescue and educational sanctuary.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was able to see the bears, very up close and personal. The day I went it was cold and windy, so I only wanted to stay out there for about 30 minutes. I was alone, so it was easily worth the $7. If I had to pay $7 a person for a group of 4 or 5, I might feel like it was a bit steep, but solo, I was glad I went.

Your pass is good for the day you go and I think the next day too, so you can come back and try to increase your chances of seeing different bears (because they aren't all out at once since they don't play nice together).

Pretty cool to see such large animals like that though!

I would go again if I knew the times they were going to have the different bears out, since I hear they have a younger bear. Not sure if it's a cub though. Anyway, I would go again!

1  Thank SmokeyBearVII

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family and I visited the Grizzly Encounter today and spent about 2.5 hours watching the bears play. We had a great time seeing the bears up close and personal! Our guide was extremely informative and didn't mind spending his time chatting with us when the rest of the folks left. We all had a great time and a great experience. Brutus was a hoot!

1  Thank NevadaSilk
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had never planned on going, and thought I would rather not see bears in captivity. I was wrong. My children loved it, and I will return when we have out of state guests.

1  Thank MardaMT
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stopped in Bozeman specifically to visit this place. They have five rescued grizzly bears which you can safely view in a natural setting. The bears are well treated and you can tell they are happy in their environment. They were rescued from very bad situations and cannot survive in the wild. The owners let the bears out at different times during the day, because they (the bears) don't all get along. So, if you want to see them all, plan to spend the entire day. When you initially enter, you pay one price (about 7 dollars) and that gets you in and out all day long, so you can go do other things (breakfast, lunch, etc.) and return to see the different bears. We really enjoyed this safe way to see grizzlies up close.

2  Thank FX01
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a must visit for tourist in the Bozeman area! It was so awesome to see grizzly bears up close and personal, and the staff was super friendly and knowledgeable! The bears were great - they all had such distinct personalities... we were very happy we got to visit this one.

3  Thank amksba