Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
My Dream Trip Come True - Fly Fishing with My Sons at El Encuentro, Patagonia, Argentina

In June 2016, My second son and I through Montana Angler stayed at the Madison River Lodge for a... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
andrew l
Burlington, North Carolina
Trip of a Lifetime

I took my father for 5 days of fishing in May of 2018. Aside from some cold weather, the trip could... read more

Reviewed December 16, 2018
jdoranMD

All reviews boulder river trout guide service float trip caught fish night stay great trip private water dream trip perfect hosts private chef every meal white fish equipment including an experience of a life time father son lodge manager
Reviewed September 19, 2018

I completely enjoyed myself - the adventure, the teachings, the fun.

Luke truly made the adventure the fun that it was – he took on the role of educator, coach and cheerleader. I appreciated his wisdom and he taught in a way that was uplifting and in absolutely no way mansplaining that sometimes I find with other male-dominated arenas.

I also appreciated the email communication prior to the trip and the helpful text messages as the day approached.

Date of experience: September 2018
Brian M, Owner at Montana Angler Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent fishing trip with us on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you back in Montana in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were in the Bozeman area for two days of walk and wade fly fishing with Montana Anglers on private water. After a little miscommunication, MA adjusted beautifully and we had two terrific days of fishing in two incredible settings. I fished with Scott who is an excellent guide, worked hard and was fun to fish with. The 18 inch cutbow in the mouth of a three foot wide channel of a spring creek is one fish I will not forget. There were many other nice fish. I will be back for sure.

Date of experience: July 2018
Brian M, Owner at Montana Angler Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Thanks again for fishing with us! We are glad you enjoyed your days with Scott on some of our private ranch leases. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

This was a truly memorable and enjoyable experience. Our guides Eric and Luke were very knowledgeable. They put my 13 year old son and me on the fish and showed us how to catch them in the Yellowstone and in some of its tributaries in the National Park. We caught a good selection of large brown, rainbow and native cutthroat trout. The settings in Paradise Valley and the Park were absolutely beautiful. They provided all equipment including boat and fishing tackle. Strongly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2018
Brian M, Owner at Montana Angler Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank's again for fishing with us. We are happy that you had a great time fishing with Eric and Luke. We also appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you back in the future if you make it back to Montana.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

First time fly fishing for all us ( 2 adults, 10 year old and 14 year old) Matt and Doug were great.....they had plenty of patience and made sure we all caught fish.... the scenery was awesome too. Montana Anglers made it very easy to plan the trip.A must do when in Montana!

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank Deborah C

Thanks again for fishing with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you back on your next trip to Montana!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We had a great day fly fishing (full day tour). There were six of us (3 boats and three guides). The guides were amazing - they did everything (bait the line, row or in our case slow the boat down, guided us so we all caught fish)

Date of experience: July 2018
Brian M, Owner at Montana Angler Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Nicola,
Thanks again for fishing with us at Montana Angler. We are glad you and your family had a great time in the water with our guides!