“Delicious and relaxing!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
helena, montana
“Delicious and relaxing!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A must try!! The focicoa* bread was fabulous, my husband liked his pulled pork sandwich. My egg sandwich was the best I've ever had! It was a little spicy and good. We got there late afternoon, and it was very quiet. We ate outside by the "ditch". We shared an order of banana nut crepes and it was really nummy too!

Bozeman, Montana
“Nice little Oasis right off of 4 Corners”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

It was sure nice to find a nice little oasis for lunch close to the busy 4 Corners Area. The Ditch restaurant is housed in an old barn like building right off Hwy 191 a little over a half mile south of the 4 Corners intersection.

The menu has some excellent choices for lunch, we really enjoyed the turkey with roasted peppers and havarti, and the pastrami, sauerkraut and havarti, both on focaccia bread. The black bean salsa and chips that came with the sandwiches were really great. We also had a spring salad that was just excellent. In pleasant weather its a real treat to sit on the back pation by "The Ditch" canal from the Gallatin, it makes for a pleasant afternoon retreat.

Service was friendly, quick, and professional. Give it a try - you won't regret it!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank A4Mikey
“Dining by the Creek”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Ditch is a unique cafe. Excellent lunches served outside under tall cottonwood trees next to the creek but since this is Montana sometimes the weather prevents you from creekside dining. Steve and Mary Lou are great hosts and chefs, great music, when I had lunch this week it was a tribute to Donna Summers, great disco music. A must stop on your way to Big Sky, wonderful breakfast burritos, crepes and sandwich. By the way it is not a dilapidated building just built to look that way. Artwork on the walls is by Steve and his daughter.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Bigsky1127
“Creative”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Their sandwiches are highly creative...wonderful combinations. Brie with thinly sliced apple with turkey is my favorite!

2 Thank April B
bozeman,mt
“Good Sandwhiches”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My boss picked up lunch for all the workers one day, and decided to pick up food from The Ditch. I had never eaten there before, so I was happy he was paying in case it was bad. So I ordered the #1, a turkey sandwhich on focaccia, with red bell peppers, havarti cheese, and a chipotle mayo sauce. The sandwhiches also come with either chips and a pickle or chips and black bean dip. Let me tell you, the sandwhich was sooooo good, creamy, and cheesy! The focaccia bread was delicious, and the chips and bean dip were also tasty. Even though I didn't pay, I knew that the meal cost $8.50. I think that is quite high for just a sandwhich. But, on the other hand, it DID taste really good. Maybe this is one time, where it is worth all that money. I would recommend trying it at least once. They also have crepes, coffee drinks, and breakfast.

• Visited June 2011