“Hip place for after work wine stop” 3 of 5 bubbles

Plonk
Ranked #13 of 234 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitefish, Montana, USA
“Hip place for after work wine stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First rate wine selections and flights. Mostly a young crowd. Food is ok but not the focus. Atmosphere is dark and woody.

Visited October 2013

Bozeman, Montana
“Plonk delivers again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went with a friend before a concert. Started with their delicious GFC, I don't know what the ingredients are, maybe ginger, basil, vodka? But it is the best drink ever, never had anything this good anywhere else! We didn't have a lot of time, so just had the tournedos, which was flawless. My friend had a fish plate, which was stated to come with polenta. The server, who was great, told her they were mixing thing up, and it came with a couscous-like starch. Being celiac, that doesn't work for her, but, no problem, they reinstated the polenta for her. Service was very attentive, even though the place was packed (it was the night before Homecoming for MSU, all tables were taken before 6pm.)
We'll be back!

• Visited October 2013
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Just what we were looking for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had just arrived in town and (after a day that included two flights and random, "un-real-food" snacks) we craved a meal that was wholesome, tasty and (hopefully) not too expensive. We got exactly that at Plonk. We didn't have entrees: I had the chicken and pear salad; it was just what I'd hoped for and my husband had a sandwich. A coffee press at the table completed our contentment. Service was great, too.

• Visited August 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Huck Finn & Cheese board”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Definitely can suggest the cheese board! Great options. Our waiter did a great job explaining menu items and keeping our drinks full (especially our water glasses - we were pretty dehydated from hiking and being from TN) We spent about 2.5 hours at Plonk drinking, enjoying tapas, and sharing an entree. We could definitely have done without the entree - we were pretty full by then. We ordered pork belly ( my husband loved - I preferred the p.b. we had in Jackson Hole at "the kitchen" but my husband liked it a lot!), crab cake ( they accidentally brought us tuna instead of our crab cake - it took a little while for them to correct the mistake and we did not receive any compensation for the mix-up or wait BUT the crabcake was my favorite thing I ate so it was ok), and the chicken dish ( the bean patty could be described as 'spicy' for folks who are sensitive to spice ) I had the hunk finn to drink which I would highly recommend and my husband had their whiskey, ginger drink as well as their manhattan - we liked them all! overall good experience. total bill was right at $100 (excluding tip) for cheese board, 5 drinks, 2 tapas, and one entree - we enjoyed our relaxed evening on the patio

• Visited September 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Yo”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Perhaps they were having a bad night but we found the servings very small, and the pour for the wine stingy. The prices here are quite high so one might expect great service and good food, the quality was good (not great) but the servings made us feel we did not want to return. In the past I have had better experience at this place, I think they are falling off. Skimping on the food and wine is no way to correct a shortfall. the ambiance is good here though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Plonk? Share your experiences!