“Great wine selection and cocktails, too”
Review of Plonk

Plonk
Ranked #11 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2012

As others have written this place has a great wine selection by the glass and bottle. You can also try a glass and then purchase a bottle to go for less. They have some interesting and tasty cocktails. Most of the bartenders and servers are nice, but occasionally you can get a little attitude or if they aren't busy they can just stand and talk to friends and the customers wait.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

On my wife's birthday, we went to Plonk for pre-dinner drinks, having made a reservation for dinner at another restaurant, one that had been highly recommended. We had drinks (more than one) and an appetizer (the cheese and meat sampler). The drinks were very good (I had a Selma Hyak and my wife had a wonderful Pinot Noir) and the cheese/meat sampler was excellent. The ambiance in Plonk is causal-upscale. Service was attentive and friendly.

While dinner turned out to be decent, it did not compare in quality of the food/drinks/atmosphere of Plonk. Although we only had an appetizer at Plonk, the quality of that appetizer, if carried through to dinner, was heads above where we ended up eating. No doubt about the superior service and atmosphere of Plonk.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Good food, good cheese, and great wine. I went with my mom and had a really good time. The atmosphere was cool and I even discovered a new favorite wine!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

They are known for being a "Wine Bar" and they have A LOT of wine to choose from, but our server couldn't tell me anything about the wines I asked about!? They also have a fun selection of cocktails. It is loud and dark, big city atmosphere. I like their decor and casual, but classy attire. Food was a hit and miss. The duck app was dry and tasteless, but the scallop app was delish! I do love the cheese board, it was fun to do a wine and cheese tasting. The pad thai was lovely, the hanger steak was average, I really enjoyed the arugula salad. I will go again and request to sit at the bar...looks fun :)

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Walked in while looking for a reasonable place to eat on the main drag. We stopped because it was a wine bar, even though we were pretty sure it was going to cost more than we were planning.

Great selection of wines but the food was the high point. We had several shared appetizers to eat light rather than have a heavy meal. I had a couple wine flights that were on the menu. (They could use a few more flights for variety)

The food was very well prepared and tasted wonderful. Three appetizers split between the two of us was an adequate amount for a light evening meal. The wine fights were good sized pours of each wine and were well directed by a paper place mat served with them. The value of the wine was quite reasonable.

Ambiance is very relaxed with on street seating, street-view inside seating, Bar seating, couch seating and outside (back) patio seating. A great building and decorated nicely.

Service was relaxed but thorough and complete. We felt our watress ligitimagely wanted us to enjoy our time there. She was friendly and talked with us a good bit (which we enjoyed) but she was sure not to bug us too much.

When in Bozeman, we will go back and either stay closer or take a cab so both of us can drink the wines with great food

Been to Plonk? Share your experiences!