“Awesome!!!”
Review of Watanabe

Watanabe
Ranked #106 of 240 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: This is a small Japanese restaurant on west Main street in Bozeman. The food, service, and atmosphere are great, I have eaten here many times and always left happy. I think the sushi is much better than the other touted sushi restaurant in Bozeman.
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Had the Unagi roll. It was incredible!!!! I highly recommend Watanabe to anyone that likes sushi!!! Across from Bozeman high school....really outstanding! Its decor is simple, but the customer service and food is really great!!

There are newer reviews for Watanabe

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a sushi supper. Do not be put off by its very ordinary exterior and interior. This is NOT a fancy place in terms of decor. However, we are fairly experienced eaters of sushi around the world, including Japan, and would rank the sushi here as being at the high end. We arrived late in the evening, and so we were that last diners as the waitress started to close down the place. However, no one rushed us, and when Ted Watanabe, the owner, came in, he greeted us warmly. I had an unusual dessert: three flavors of ice cream wrapped in a thin dough covering. I'm not sure I would have them again, but I enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

looked for a downtown parking spot for 30 minutes and gave up and drove out a ways. Saw watanabe and remembered seeing it in trip advisor reviews. They may have good sushi and tempura but we didn't try them. Wife had her usual teriyaki chicken bowl and I had daily special which was udon noodle curry soup with vegetables (2 bite sized pieces of potato and 3 pieces of carrot with 3 pieces of chicken). Wife got soup (white miso) and it was OK. Her chicken was dry and tough in the bowl. She didn't eat it all and left about half. My curry udon soup tasted just like the little boxes of curry you can find in any store in the asian section and you dissolve them in water. The noodles were fine but then it is difficult to destroy the thick udon noodles. I think one visit is enough. A word of advice to them would be to have some soft background music, so the customers do not hear the microwave bell going off all the time. The place was clean and the service was friendly but a little slow as we were the only customers in the place.

1  Thank eremitic
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Great curry, only place that serves Japanese curry in Bozeman. Ramen dishes are all fantastic. Wonderful family owners. Small but comfortable setting.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Bozeman is lucky to have this authentic Japanese restaurant! The owner (cook) is very welcoming and friendly, as is his staff. I am addicted to their Assorted Tempura (Shrimp & Veggies). It is always wonderfully cooked with the perfect amount of crispness. There is always a wide array of vegetables, and the Miso Soup is delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant. I frequent this restaurant about once a week.

Been to Watanabe? Share your experiences!