“Great value, quality cuisine.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 234 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is a small Japanese restaurant on west Main street in Bozeman. The food, service, and atmosphere are great, I have eaten here many times and always left happy. I think the sushi is much better than the other touted sushi restaurant in Bozeman.
Bellingham, Washington
“Great value, quality cuisine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I love udon soup. I got a hefty bowl here for under 7$ and it was darn tasty. Little bits of tempura sprinkled on the top, plenty of seaweed just how I like it, tasty broth. Our waiter was on his game. We will be back here frequently. Excited to try the rest of the menu!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank tulipz856

Ellicott City, MD
“Wonderful surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Like another Trip Advisor reviewer, we happened upon Watanabe while looking for the Chinese restaurant two doors down. Good thing we weren't deterred by the larger setting -- a shabby strip mall with two empty stores -- or the rather plain interior, or we would have missed something really fine.

Watanabe is a small, family-run establishment that serves tasty Japanese fare (tempura, udon, teriyaki, sushi, and more) at modest prices, with friendly, personalized service. Mr. Watanabe, per our server, prepares the dishes himself, using recipes handed down by his grandmother. Everything we ordered -- my daughter's chicken teriyaki plate, my ten-don bowl, and my husband's chicken yakisoba -- was delicious and attractively presented. And the miso soup and FREE green tea that accompanied our meals, rounded things out nicely.

I nearly forgot to mention the fascinating, for-sale art -- the work of a Japanese student who iives in Bozeman -- that adorns the walls at Watanabe. (There are some interesting conversation starters, such as a painting of a warthog on a bike and one of three ravens called "Quoth the raven: 'Never four.'")

We will be in Bozeman two more days before heading to Yellowstone National Park. More than likely, we'll be visiting Watanabe again during that time!

• Visited September 2013
BONANZA
“Great "Mom & Pop" Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Local ran sushi restaurant and the food was excellent. Simple choices but well worth the stop for dinner.

The food was fresh, tasty and had a wonderful presentation.

Not difficult to find, but the parking is limited.

If you love Japanese, make this one of your stops in Bozeman!

• Visited August 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Tasty noodle soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in Bozeman exploring while my husband golfed with a childhood friend. At lunchtime I drove by and decided to stop. I ordered a rice noodle, vegi, chicken soup. Nourishing and just what I needed...

• Visited August 2013
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Excellent Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great sushi! Enjoyed 3 rolls and a great appetizer. Food is great, despite a "diner" atmosphere Hidden Gem...I can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013