“A realy authentic Japanese experience”
Review of Watanabe

Watanabe
Ranked #67 of 247 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: This is a small Japanese restaurant on west Main street in Bozeman. The food, service, and atmosphere are great, I have eaten here many times and always left happy. I think the sushi is much better than the other touted sushi restaurant in Bozeman.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We love this little cozy restaurant. The food presentation is great and the only place in the area that offers fantastic Japanese food. We go here on a regular basis for special occasions, ever though it has a "Mom and Pop" atmosphere.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

we love this place! The owners could not be nicer, the food more authentic or the experience more authentic.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great food and sushi, who would have thought.....I guess the airport is close and so is Seattle on a jet plane. This is the real deal, you'll only hear Japanese spoken in the kitchen. The service is top notch and the atmosphere is very good for what they had to work with. This is the best quality sushi joint in town, even if you're from San Fran, NYC, Philly etc. (big cities with many ethnic food places) you'll probably find this very agreeable. Yes, the options and menu are going to be much smaller than what you could find in a big city counterpart, but the quality of what you will find here will be comporable in quality and that is simply fantastic for a place nearly in the middle of nowhere.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I like Watanabe because it has a real japanese 'chef'. Mr. Watanabe cooks the food himself. I know it's silly, but to me it somewhat makes a difference. I wish they had cheaper menu for lunch, like they did when it first opened.

1  Thank irus_mcE
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Found this place by accident while looking for the Chinees place two doors down. Had a great lunch and fell in love with miso soup. We have been back for sushi and various entrees and have not been disappointed. It is not uncommon for Ted (chef) to come to the table to check on you. I would recommend what must be an original roll with yellow fin, jalapeños and cream cheese. It is a small casual place and the service can be a bit casual also depending on who is working. Prices are very reasonable.

Been to Watanabe? Share your experiences!