“Went once, never came back”
Review of Watanabe

Watanabe
Ranked #98 of 237 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: This is a small Japanese restaurant on west Main street in Bozeman. The food, service, and atmosphere are great, I have eaten here many times and always left happy. I think the sushi is much better than the other touted sushi restaurant in Bozeman.
Bozeman
“Went once, never came back”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

One visit is probably not the basis for a fair review. But the soup was watery and the other items just didn't appeal to me. Prices seemed a bit high for the look of the place. I probably won't go back.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank BozemanTrudeman

Montana
“Authentic Japanese Served With Pride”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I eat at Watanabe's once a week. I usually go with family or for business. I find the food and service at Watanabe's to be excellent. Mr. Watanabe is usually in the kitchen every time I go in and he always comes to greet us and ask how the food was. I am fond of the Ebiten Udon or the tasty Shrimp Yakasoba Noodles. The Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura and the Curry is also quite good-as is the sushi.
I have Japanese relatives and friends that I have brought in for lunch and they always find it very good.

• Visited August 2011
“Authentic”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

After a long drive finding Watanabe was like a gift. The miso soup was just as my mother makes it (she was with me and is from Japan) and delicious. We don't care for mayo in our sushi but there wasn't any problem asking for a change. The nigiri unagi was wonderful. I also had the gyoza, which was crispy (we make ours fried and steamed) and made a tasty appetizer. We had other sushi and enjoyed them as well.

The waitress was extremely friendly and came by enough to tend to our needs. Service was quick. It is clean and neat.

I'm positive I would frequent this place if I lived anywhere near Bozeman.

Montana
“Simple and Tasty”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My spouse and I eat here often and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food. I love Watanabe's sushi and udon noodles; my husband loves all the vegetarian options. We are now regulars.

• Visited February 2011
Bozeman, Montana
“Great food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed November 22, 2010

The sushi at Watanabe is very good, and I love their tempura. They are always friendly and food comes out relatively quickly. The location isn't the best and the focus is definitely on food, not atmosphere, but the food is great. The selection of Japanese cuisine is amazing considering it's Bozeman, and everything I've had there has been good. Where else can you get a nice hot bowl of real ramen in Bozeman?

Been to Watanabe? Share your experiences!