“Outstanding food worth the price”
Review of Emerson Grill

Emerson Grill
Ranked #37 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fabulous Food. Reallly good wine list. A local told me about it when we were looking at universities for son. Hope my son choses MSU!
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I was supposed to go to a conference dinner but the place was overbooked and we had no seats. I asked the conf people where elsewhere to go and one of the locals suggested the Emerson Grill. We were lucky to get there and find a free table because we did not have a reservation. This is a small restaurant and very upscale so I would recommend a reservation.

We shared an appetizer, each ordered an entree, and split a dessert, with coffee. We had one glass of wine and an ice tea. Total bill with tip and tax was $94 for two people. The food was worth every penny. We ordered the gilled calamari appetizer and it practically melted in the mouth and was excellently seasoned. I will never enjoy fried calamari again after eating this wonderful grilled dish. I had a very good trout dish for dinner. My spouse ordered the bison steak salad and loved it. We split a berry crisp for dessert and it was bursting with flavor. Even the capuccino was well prepared and not too bitter. We were really impressed with the food at this place. We live in the LA area and regularly dine at quite a lot of good restaurants and this one rivaled the best we have eaten at in Los Angeles.

Atmosphere is OK - it has nice decore but it is a small place with alot of tables. There were many people there at the same time as us. Service was fine - no complaints. Not super fast but given the high quality of the food I'm glad they took the time to make it right.

Reviewed May 6, 2010

I visited Bozeman in February and this resturant was recommended by a local. The wine selections were varied and excellent. My steak surpassed what I would expect from a small resturant. Appetizers were innovative and on par to what I would expect from a 5-star resturant in Seattle. Too bad I did not have room for dessert. Resturant was alittle difficult to find but worth it!