“Bozeman gem!”

Ranked #35 of 247 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fabulous Food. Reallly good wine list. A local told me about it when we were looking at universities for son. Hope my son choses MSU!
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Another two outstanding meals at the Emerson Grill! I was in town visiting for a few days and ended up eating at the Emerson two days in a row I was so impressed. The first night I invited a friend from Billings to meet me there. We started our meal with the unbelievably delicious stuffed artichoke. A light fennel sausage and crusty cheese mix enveloped within the extra large artichoke was almost a meal in itself for the two of us. The Emerson includes a choice of house-made soup or salad with each entre. The carrot ginger soup was exceptional! My friend ordered the grilled skirt steak with collard greens and I had the pan seared duck breast with poached pears and figs on a bed of pate and potatoes. Wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented by the most competent staff! We were too full for dessert but were told by the table next to us that the house-made tiramisu and German chocolate cake were to die for.

The following night I returned by myself to try their wine bar. They offer a gourmet flatbread pizza and 2 glasses of wine for $20 as a special along with the full dinner menu. Although the pizzas coming out of the oven looked amazing I opted for the salmon special of the evening. It was one of the best salmon entres I have ever eaten! Expertly prepared medium rare on a bed of spring couscous with asparagus it was truly divine. My wait staff, Whitney, allowed me to sample several wines before I decided on a luscious Italian red. Again too full for dessert but I heard a flourless lavender chocolate cake was in the making.

What separates The Emerson from other restaurants in Bozeman is the exceptional quality of their food and staff and their desire to make you feel truly welcome and appreciated. The location within the cultural center also allows an engaging art experience along with dining. The Emerson Grill is always my favorite when traveling to Bozeman.

2  Thank Megsmile1

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I travel through Bozeman often and I always enjoy the cozy atmosphere and the dishes that are comfort food for me. The staff takes care of my needs and they are always efficient. The wine list looks interesting but I don't drink anymore.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Fabulous experience. Great staff, service and the kitchen knows it's stuff. Also very nice wine list. Made for a great evening out with an engaging staff who seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is our favorite restaurant in Bozeman hands down. The food is fantastic and is always consistent whether you are having a favorite on the menu or trying one of the great specials. The atmosphere is very warm and you can even hear enough to have a conversation. Servers are knowledgeable and consistent. In the summer great outdoor dining options. Being in the cultural center is an added bonus and Robin the owner is a great person and knows how to run a restaurant.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a small cozy restaurant in Bozeman where the food is good and the service great. If you enjoy an atmosphere that is quiet, good food and good service have dinner here. I love it.