“Fresh and Scrumptious, Friendly and Clean”

Starky's Authentic Americana
Ranked #9 of 236 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Starky's, you'll find the handmade foods you crave that nourish and satisfy body and soul, the community connection that energizes, and the appreciation of our staff for your visit. Visit us in Historic Downtown Bozeman for lunch, happy hour, and dinner or come enjoy an ice cold beer or glass of wine on our large outdoor patio! Vegan and Vegetarian menu items are available daily.Thanks for being here... eat, drink, gather, at Starky's.
Bozeman, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and Scrumptious, Friendly and Clean”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I frequent Starky's as it is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Bozeman. Fresh, homemade gluten free bread makes sandwiches delicious. Salad dressings, baked goods, sauces, even their ice cream is all made from scratch. The service is great and very consistent, which I genuinely appreciate being in the service industry myself.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jessie May C

Hill Country
“Hush puppies!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited Starkys over Thanksgiving week.
My family as well as my aunt, uncle and their family.
We ordered the jalapeño stuffed hush puppies for our starter, which were delicious! We had to order another order!
I think mainly because I kept eating them!
We all had a little bit of everything.
The pizza special was a big hit!
Loved the lamb meatballs.

Overall, service was great! Our waiter made everything sound so delicious!! If we asked him how the water tasted he would of made it seem irresistible!!
Loved that about him.

Overall, nice time. Next time I'm downtown I'll stop by.

1 Thank MeGabriela
Bozeman, Montana
“Great food and wonderful service”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It is rare to find a place that does corned beef and pastrami sandwiches very well - this is one of those places. It is rather noisy, but the wait staff is usually incredible.

Most of the sandwiches you can get breadless (low carb excellence).

You absolutely have to try the sweet potato fries!

The supper menu has a lot of different choices (the meatloaf is one of our favorites) including fried chicken and waffles. I don't know who came up with that combo first, but it absolutely works.
I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited November 2013
Bozeman
“A make-over”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

For several years, Starky's was the place in Bozeman for good authentic delicatessen. Then, because of an unfortunate accident, it was forced to close for a long time. The restaurant has re-opened in a new location and with a new contemporary decor. They used to serve breakfast and lunch. Now, it's lunch and dinner. We heard they had a new chef, so we thought we'd try it. The greeter and servers were very casual Bozeman, while the food was more upscale, almost Japanese kiseki-like. The service was reasonably prompt; our waitress, friendly, and the quality, excellent. The portions were small, though well-presented. I had the scallops; my wife, the duck. The bread consisted of a standard-size onion baguette, to be dipped in olive oil. Our wine, a Riesling, came in a glass, but not a wine-glass, was a bit more than half the amount I would hope for, and of average quality. Our desserts were a cinnamon peach cobbler and a chocolate mousse, both very good.
My opinion: I think they're on the right track, only be a bit more generous and serve a small, warm home made bread instead of that roll.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank BozemanDick
Montana
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Starky's presents excellent food and service, just off of Main St. in downtown Bozeman. The calamari appetizers are great. Last night, I ate most of the large serving of Jambalaya, and it was very good. In warmer weather, they serve outside.

• Visited October 2013