“Great food and wonderful service”

Starky's Authentic Americana
Ranked #14 of 247 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Starky's, you'll find the handmade foods you crave that nourish and satisfy body and soul, the community connection that energizes, and the appreciation of our staff for your visit. Visit us in Historic Downtown Bozeman for "the Best Lunch in Bozeman" or come enjoy an ice cold beer or glass of wine on our large outdoor patio! Vegan and Vegetarian menu items are available daily.Thanks for being here... eat, drink, gather, at Starky's.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It is rare to find a place that does corned beef and pastrami sandwiches very well - this is one of those places. It is rather noisy, but the wait staff is usually incredible.

Most of the sandwiches you can get breadless (low carb excellence).

You absolutely have to try the sweet potato fries!

The supper menu has a lot of different choices (the meatloaf is one of our favorites) including fried chicken and waffles. I don't know who came up with that combo first, but it absolutely works.
I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

For several years, Starky's was the place in Bozeman for good authentic delicatessen. Then, because of an unfortunate accident, it was forced to close for a long time. The restaurant has re-opened in a new location and with a new contemporary decor. They used to serve breakfast and lunch. Now, it's lunch and dinner. We heard they had a new chef, so we thought we'd try it. The greeter and servers were very casual Bozeman, while the food was more upscale, almost Japanese kiseki-like. The service was reasonably prompt; our waitress, friendly, and the quality, excellent. The portions were small, though well-presented. I had the scallops; my wife, the duck. The bread consisted of a standard-size onion baguette, to be dipped in olive oil. Our wine, a Riesling, came in a glass, but not a wine-glass, was a bit more than half the amount I would hope for, and of average quality. Our desserts were a cinnamon peach cobbler and a chocolate mousse, both very good.
My opinion: I think they're on the right track, only be a bit more generous and serve a small, warm home made bread instead of that roll.

2  Thank BozemanDick
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Starky's presents excellent food and service, just off of Main St. in downtown Bozeman. The calamari appetizers are great. Last night, I ate most of the large serving of Jambalaya, and it was very good. In warmer weather, they serve outside.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Seated promptly at 12:30 a.m. on a Sunday, filled up after we arrived. Service was fast, efficient and friendly. The pastrami Reuben was delicious as was the hamburger with grilled onions. Both a substantial amount of food for the price. Food arrived very quickly. We were on our way out of town, so ate and left, very satisfied. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

As a long time lunch patron my wife and I decided to try Dinner. New chef, new menu, and after
eating out at just about all restaurants in town we were up for something different. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife and I enjoyed the finest dinner we have ever experienced in the valley. I admit I had some tepid thoughts; after all who wants to go to dinner at your favorite lunch spot.
I had the tenderloin with medara maple sauce. It was the best piece of meat I have ever had in
Montana, my wife had the polenta dish. Service was the usual, excellent, and the food came out in a timely manner.
This will be the restaurant we bring guests for dinner when they visit. Honestly, the tenderloin
was so damn good I wanted to go back the next night but my wife put a stop to that because she
wants me to control my red meat intake. Another crazy thing, I am the type of guy that usually doesn't want my meat messed with (no peppercorn sauce, no seasoning, etc) but that maple sauce over the tenderloin was incredible.

Steve