“Okay you Bozeman peeps listen up!!”

Starky's Authentic Americana
Ranked #5 of 239 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Starky's, you'll find the handmade foods you crave that nourish and satisfy body and soul, the community connection that energizes, and the appreciation of our staff for your visit. Visit us in Historic Downtown Bozeman for lunch, happy hour, and dinner or come enjoy an ice cold beer or glass of wine on our large outdoor patio! Vegan and Vegetarian menu items are available daily.Thanks for being here... eat, drink, gather, at Starky's.
Bozeman, Montana
“Okay you Bozeman peeps listen up!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Starky's has THE BEST calamari fries we have EVER eaten! Not the little chewy, tough rings...I'm talking small drumstick sized pieces of the best white meat you'll ever eat!! They are served with sliced pepperoncini and capers. And if you go between 4-6pm for happy hour they are almost free!! Stark's "happy hour" menu has a great selection of items that are "over the moon" delicious...you could have an early dinner on the appetizers alone!! AND to top it off we had a huge scoop of homemade vanilla bean ice cream...yes I said homemade...and carrot cake that made us glad we saved room. (We took part of our dinner home in a bag so we could have coffee and dessert!!) Our thanks to Kyle, too, for the phenomenal service. 5-Star evening all around!! Did I mention they make their own bread and pastries, too??

Visited March 2013

Bozeman, Montana
“Our Visit to Starky's 3/8/2013”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Kathy, my wife and I visited your restaurant Friday night 3/8/2013. I will give you 2.5 stars out of 5 for the following reasons:

1. The waitress was very sweet, but she didn't bring us waters until we asked. I saw her bring other tables water, so ???
2. The spring roll appetizer was very cold in the middle. We asked for her to take it back and bring us another hot one. She or the the kitchen staff forgot and it never showed up. I finally had to ask the waitress about it when dinner arrived. She apologized and took it off the bill.
3. My wife asked for extra black beans for her $9.50 salad (which contained no meat!!!). The salad came with few black beans. Very expensive for what was received at the table.
4. Halfway through the meal I asked for a second beer. The waitress, again, forgot. I had to ask her about that too and then she went and obtained the beer.

I think my wife and I have reasonable standards of quality and service. The restaurant didn't deliver. Frankly I'm surprised the place was busy with the quality of food and service we received. The waitress was the red-head who graduated about 3 years ago with a degree in photography, if that helps you figure out who she is. I felt very bad, but I gave her no tip for the above reasons. I would recommend you take a look at your staff and food...in a competitive market you have to be at the top of your game!

Thanks

• Visited March 2013
StarkysBozeman, Owner at Starky's Authentic Americana, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello, you may remember me, I did speak with you at your table about the mistakes that happened during your visit to Starky's and appreciated your willingness to be specific. For all the hard work we put into training and managing, sometimes things do not go as planned for every guest. As you mentioned, we were slammed on a Friday night for a reason, we try hard to deliver great food and great service and Bozeman knows that they can rely on us for a great night. Once in a great while, a server can have an off moment or the kitchen can make a mistake. We apologize that unfortunately, a few of those happened to ruin your dinner experience with us. We have already convened a management review and have posted this review in our kitchen and with the servers. We try our best to do what's right including our commitment to the community, our staff and our guests. We hope that you when you return to Bozeman, you may come again and experience why we are so busy! Best of Luck to you both.
Dillon, Montana
“Great Sandwiches, service and THE BEST Cookies!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I love this place for lunch, it has very unique sandwiches, something for everyone. I love thier new service to the tables, used to be you would walk up and order, but now they wait on you and they added beer and wine. They have outside seating for summer which is really great. They have the best cookies in town. It is my "go to" place when I am in Bozeman.

• Visited November 2012
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Great food.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Always a delight, though I miss the chicken and waffles. Had their Cuban Rueben last time and the crab cakes the time before both very good.

Visited January 2013
StarkysBozeman, Owner at Starky's Authentic Americana, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks, Shelby! It was our pleasure to create food for you and we are thrilled you enjoyed Starky's. We are thinking about revisiting the chicken & waffles, so many people did not understand them, but we are glad you did! Keep posted for new and exciting dishes coming this spring.
“Standards of excellence”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Starky's is great!! The food is amazing and the staff are excellent. The owners are always at the door ready to greet and seat you, as well as take the extra effort to come around and strike up a conversation as well as making sure your food is perfect. The wait staff are quick, efficient, and also provide great customer service. I eat here regularly and one day on a large lunch rush I wasent able to be seated immediately. My usual waitress ensured I had a drink while I waited and to my supprise had my order ready for me just as I was able to get a table even though I wasent seated in her section!

I have tried almost everything on the menu, and this is a place that you can close your eyes and drop your finger on something and you will be sure to enjoy it. My favorite are their hamburgers, they are the best in town! They are seasoned perfectly and bring out a great flavor, nicely sized, and very juicy. Their sweet potatoe fries are excellent and come with a great dip that adds the perfect kick!

• Visited January 2013