“Top notch coffee service.”
Review of Western Cafe

Western Cafe
Ranked #15 of 235 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Located in downtown Bozeman.
Big Sky, Montana
“Top notch coffee service.”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Yup. This place rocks. Great service. Seated quickly with a group of 6 on a Sunday morning. This never happens in Bozeman. Waitress super friendly. My coffee cup never ran dry. (See title.) Go here.

1 Thank anna91182

Cartwright
“Same great food!,”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I've bragged about the breakfasts we used to get at the Western Cafe in the early 80's, and I am so happy to say I wasn't disappointed this am. I had my usual steak and eggs, my husband had a Philly. His was excellent and I was in memory lane heaven. Bravo!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Amber S
“Why is this place not ranked higher?!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite place for breakfast. I usually get the same simple eggs and hash browns. But I've tried several dishes and they're all good. Super friendly staff, they all know our kids and ask about them when we don't bring them in.

2 Thank Yxeslil
Bozeman, Montana
“Take a Trip Back to the 1950's”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Old Montana at its best, straight out of the 1950's, local hang out, and the fresh pies come out at 3pm. Don't miss this for breakfast or lunch

Visited April 2014
2 Thank moffit2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“"The BEST meal this decade!!" says the 8-year old.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The title sums it up. Great food. Great staff. Great atmosphere. We snuck in just as they were shutting down for the afternoon and everyone seemed more than happy to stick around. Mouth-watering special written on the chalkboard made our decision difficult. I went with the diner standard, Hot Beef Sandwich, it came with a salad and dessert. The blue cheese dressing was fabulous and the sandwich did not disappoint. Melt in your mouth beef, real mashed potatoes and wonderful beef gravy. I was a happy camper. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak, with potatoes and eggs. WOW! Heart attack on a plate, but it was sooo worth it (he is still ticking, too.) It is worth just the sausage gravy. My 8 year old ordered the cinnamon French toast with hash browns and eggs and declared it, "The Best Meal of the decade." I, myself, am a pretty good cook - so this was a major statement from the boy. My daughter ordered her stand-by BLT with a side of mashed potatoes. She was quite pleased and had enough left over for another sandwich the next day. Then came dessert - our wonderful waitress mentioned ice cream with my special, so I expected a small bowl of vanilla. No, not here, they had a list of about 10 different flavors - we picked "cow pie" or something like that - very yummy.

The Western is a great place for food and family time. There is so much charm and so many relics to observe. It is almost like stepping into a time warp. One of my favorite décor elements was a painting of the restaurant over the back counter. It was so cool, because it looked to be painted from the location we were sitting and one of the customers in the painting, was actually sitting at the counter. You know you are at a great place when the locals have assigned seats. Can't wait to visit again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MNWineLady

Been to Western Cafe? Share your experiences!