“One of the best places we ate in Montana”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackbird Kitchen

Blackbird Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 234 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: On the corner of Bozeman and Main Street
Dublin, Ireland
“One of the best places we ate in Montana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

We had the pleasure of lunch in the Blackbird Kitchen. The food, service, and value was excellent. Can't wait to go back.

Bozerman
“Wine is priced as if it's a five star restaurant, not small town bistro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

After enjoying this new restaurant in Bozeman numerous times in the last year I won't go back to an establishment that has raised it's wine prices to the point where the least expensive red is $35 and a $15 carafe of house wine turns out to be 1/2 a carafe size at most . Food is still good but prices have continued to climb beyond their value.

2 Thank SteveOBozeman
“A Small Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

Both the seating and menu are limited, but the food is excellent. I had the chopped salad, the penne with walnuts, and the almond tart (the best I've ever had).

It is casual and a bit noisy, but the noise level is tolerable. I was alone so I sat at the counter and watched the chefs at work

Goodyear, Arizona
“Good, but yes, pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

Just tried out Blackbird Kitchen for the first time. The ambiance is casual and relaxed, but nice. The seating is very limited, but I liked the cozy feel it had. I will say that we sat by the door and everytime it opened it let in alot of air and they are going to have trouble keeping it warm in our cold Bozeman months. I have a feeling if that if the door kept opening in the winter it could cool down the entire-small-restaurant.
The food was good though, just a bit expensive for what you get. We started with the Salumi platter, which is worth the $13. It came with the housemade bread, which is FABULOUS, however I don't think it would be worth the $5 to order it by itself!!! I really didn't like that you had to pay for the bread! We had 2 pizzas-the Margherita ($11) and the Mostarda ($17). They were both excellent and I will definately be returning for that again! My husband and I were looking for something that slightly resembled the pizza we had in Italy, and I will say this came closer than anything else we've been able to find in little old Bozeman. The service was great-the staff were attentive and SUPER friendly. I would have liked some wine with dinner, but they don't yet have their license. Overall, yes we will be returning to this place. The menu is limited, but what we tried was really good.

Bozeman, MT
“"Not bad, but not that unique and the menu is fairly narrow"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

Although not bad, Blackbird's may get lost in the competition. The seating area is not that big as the floorplan does not look real efficient. The narrow menu selection was a mystery too. These guys will need to work harder if they want to build a steady business. While some may go just to check it out as we did, there is no real hook to bring us back as the prices seemed a little high for what you get. More businesses are going to find out that just because you look hip and are in Bozeman, people will grow tired of feeling used and already are in an economy that is poised to challenge for awhile.

1 Thank MontanaGuy27