“We really enjoyed this new restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackbird Kitchen

Blackbird Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 234 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: On the corner of Bozeman and Main Street
US
“We really enjoyed this new restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I have been to the Blackbird twice now, the second time with three of our friends. We had the Montana lamb the first visit which was delicious and the second time I had the squid ink pasta that came with calamari, baby squid and bison chorizo (sausage.) Their salads are really delicious and though a little pricey they are big enough to share. They have a dessert that is out of this world. It's a butterscotch budino -- a custard with butterscotch topping and whipped cream that also has a touch of sea salt which gives it a wonderful flavor.

Visited November 2013

Bozeman, Montana
“Terrible Service, Weak Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The last time I tried to eat at Blackbird (not my choice after the experienced I'd had), I walked in with 3 friends and requested a table. The host was a rude arrogant hipster who told us it would be a 30 minute wait, I looked over at an empty table for four and the host said "We aren't using that table for the rest of the night." We decided to wait and while outside 3 women biked up, walked in, and the host immediately sat them at the corner table!!! This wouldn't be a problem if they had reservations but Blackbird makes it very clear that they do not take reservations for parties with less than 6 people, even if you call while on your way, they wont add you to the wait list until you arrive. We went to Rice instead which is much better value.

Beyond that I have had a waitress with serious BO problems, one visit I ordered rack of lamb served with gnocchi and the "rack of lamb" were in fact 3 1/4 inch thick lamb medallions (that amounted to about 1.5-2.5 ounces of meat) served over gnocchi for 28$.

If you decide to go here for whatever reason, get a pizza, it's fairly standard.

• Visited May 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Great food in Bozeman”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great place for vegetarians. Several very good choices, and the prices were reasonable. The service was excellent. The budino dessert is a must-have, so save room. The only negative is that it's not very big, and with lots of hard surfaces, the noise level made it difficult to carry on a conversation.

• Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great space, wonderful food, superb service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place was actually recommended to us by a server at another restaurant in Bozeman. What a great recommendation! It is in a very nice space, kind of like entering a restaurant somewhere in Seattle or the Pacific Northwest. They could actually change up their floor design a little bit and add more tables to make better use of the space, but I think they are going for the cozy and small vibe, it's probably easier to manage also.
Anyway, I had eggplant stuffed with lamb that was really good. I tried some of my brother's pizza and it was fantastic. They have a wood fired stove in back and they really put out some great pizza. They have a very creative menu and there were a lot of things I would have loved to have tried. Everything that was coming out of that kitchen looked amazing. We had wonderful service and great food in a very cool setting right downtown Bozeman within walking distance to everything. Next time we are in Bozeman, this will probably be the first place we have dinner as the food is very fresh and the space is very cool and lots of good people watching. Check it out, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Excellent Food in a Fun Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

When we got back to Bozeman from a long trip, we had no food in the house, so decided to have dinner at Blackbird Kitchen. The food and the service were both superb. (On our trip we had dined at the restaurant of an Iron Chef in Cleveland, and our dinner at Blackbird equalled or surpassed that meal.) We began with their charcuterie plate which was beautifully arranged and complete with two cheeses and four thinly sliced sausages. With the addition of house-made pickles, it was a lovely beginning to the meal. We both ordered their house-made pasta. I enjoyed the gnocchi with fresh vegetables and a lovely sage sauce, and my husband had the agnolotti with with bison sausage. They were both delicious. With the meal, we had a carafe of their house red which was reasonable in price and very good. We finished with great desserts: a pastry filled with gelato and fresh peaches for one of us and a chocolate glato with house-made caramel sauce. The price for dinner was expensive but the meal was well-worth the money. The restaurant is small, so do make a reservation or get there early. It also tends to be a bit noisy but we were seated on high chairs so the acoustics were better.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Blackbird Kitchen? Share your experiences!