“Wonderful food and cozy atmosphere”
Review of Blackbird Kitchen

Blackbird Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: On the corner of Bozeman and Main Street
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my third visit to Blackbird Kitchen and each time the food has been exceptional. It's a small restaurant that is very popular, so expect a wait. However, the staff is friendly and accommodating while you're waiting. The bread is divine and the pizza is wonderful. We also tried the beet salad and a couple of pasta dishes. The chocolate boudini for dessert is fabulous as well. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Make no mistake -- this is not a pizzeria, but rather a really fine Italian place that happens to serve pizza that's something truly special. We've been to Blackbird 3 times: the first, we sat at a table in the tiny front-of-house seating area. The next, at the counter facing the kitchen and wood stove, where we got to chat with the owner of the place which made for a really fun and enjoyable evening. Most recently, we sat at a high-top table along the brick wall toward the back. We ordered the olives appetizer, sausage appetizer -- which I *think* is in-house charcuterie, delicious -- and my fave Speck pizza, plus ordered wine by the glass from a decent list. Aside from the food, which makes my mouth water just thinking about it, what I love about Blackbird is the tele-transport feeling you get of going urban right in the middle of the Wild West. The venue feels Big City, metropolitan and chic. It's a great experience that we're lucky to have in Bozeman. Very highly recommended.

1  Thank wundersmack
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We happened upon this restaurant in downtown Bozeman after learning that the other places we wanted to visit had either closed altogether or weren't open for dinner. We both had the roasted chicken and house salad and were just delighted with the fare. The summer salad included fresh, flavorful greens, toasted nuts (I think) and shavings of a sharp but not too sharp cheese that complemented the from-scratch vinaigrette dressing. I am mostly vegetarian but ordered the chicken and loved it - perfectly cooked, seasoned simply and served with garlic mashed potatoes and braised greens. The after-dinner coffee was delicious, too. Service was good - except they didn't offer the apparently homemade bread that I read about online afterward. That's OK - I didn't need the extra calories. Can't tell you about dessert, but the selections sounded good. I'd definitely go back if in Bozeman again. Didn't order wine either. Without having ordered either, the cost of meal was reasonable, although it could be pricey if you ordered these extras. Overall, a great place. It's a small restaurant and filled up fairly quickly on a weekend night, so may want to make reservations (web site says they take reservations for 6 or more). BTW, the restaurant interior is interesting and inviting, with wood-fired oven for pizzas and roasted foods and a good view of the meal prep action.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This small and friendly restaurant on Main Street in Bozeman, Montana serves up some wonderful dishes. The pizza margarita with your choice of topping is fabulous...I believe it's the wood-fired oven that accounts for the flavor! Nice wine selection, wonderful olive selection to help pass the time until your food arrives. We enjoyed the vino and the beet salad app was something to dream about!

2  Thank anderson13
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We'd strolled past the restaurant a few nights before we went and it looked very chic and urban. I wasn't disappointed from my phone call to inquire about reservations (only needed for groups of 6 or more) to dessert. The food was great - lots of flavors. We tried to Fig mostrada pizza that had prosciutto, mozzarella, and arugula - the sweetness of the fig paired great with the salt of the prosciutto. We also tried the special with corn, squash, cilantro, and lime. I'd love more lime on this but the flavors were great. The white wine was great. I'd love to see more wine by the glass options in a slightly lower price range (most glasses were $8-11. The pizzas ranged from $11-16 and each serves one person. The atmosphere justifies the price and the food was very flavorful. This would be a great spot for an a date night or a girls dinner out.