“Service is Terrible” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Bozeman, United States
“Service is Terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Wake up service was terrible. Only one ring of the phone, who wakes up to that? There were people running through the halls and knocking on doors, and the staff did nothing about it. Rooms were not cleaned in a standard manner. Twice the rooms were not even made.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Terra C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
I am so very sorry that your experience at this La Quinta is not what you intended. I have checked to make sure our wake up calls are ringing properly. Also, always be sure to let the desk know of any noise complaints and we will always follow ujp.
I hope that you might give us a second chance. Let me know personally that you are coming and I will make susre your stay is fabulous!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Room was spacious, bathroom had plenty of counter space on either side of the sink. We had our dog with us and liked the privacy of the room we were put in, which led to a rear exit with an exercise area for the dog and provided dog waste bags and trash can. The young man at the reception desk was very welcoming and informative when we arrived. It was a nice all-around stay. We stayed at 3 hotels on our trip west, and the Bozeman La Quinta was our favorite.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Barbara H
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Nice spot on a stopover during a cross country trip. This hotel was clean, tidy, and well appointed. The rooms are a bit on the small side but they are styled well and are perfect for a quick stay in a great town. And, the price is right which is always an added bonus.

The location is just off the interstate which means you'll need to drive into town and the staff was extremely helpful in giving us a few dinner recommendations.

While our stay was brief, we enjoyed a clean, well priced room, as well as, helpful staff members who made this a nice little spot for a nice little stay.

Room Tip: Book a room on a higher level to enjoy a cool view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ATL-Travelbug
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our vacation in Montana and were surprised! We were having a hard time choosing a room and the front desk manager offered to show us the rooms i was inquiring about. He was very genuine and even went out of his way to show us his favorite rooms. This really surprised me in the quality of service and attention he gave us.

The room we got (306) was great, it was clean, had a fantastic view and was quite spacious. It was very quiet despite being by the freeway, the bed was amazing and it made us feel like we were at home. The manager knew all the restaurants in town and gave us a wide variety of selections. We ended up going to Ted's which was very nice and had great food.

Later that night i went to take a shower and realized there was no water pressure, i called the front desk and told them and the same manager came up and shower me that i just didn't have the lever that switches to the shower all the way over. I was embarrassed that i wasn't able to figure that out but he made me feel that i wasn't a burden or annoyance.

The pool and hot tub were open all night surprisingly and the breakfast was excellent. The lady working breakfast was very cheerful, nice and accommodating. She even knew what food they had that was gluten free!

Overall this is one of the best hotels we have stayed at and i will stay here every time i come to Bozeman. I suggest everyone who comes to Bozeman to stay here and experience what true hospitality should be like!

Room Tip: Third floor is animal free
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie M
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Well I really am having a difficult time trying to figure out where to start. I stayed at this hotel with my family for a family trip. We were excited because it was Dog friendly and a 'brand new' hotel. For it being brand new- you would never be able to tell by all the stuff that went wrong. First off the pool - tiles were missing in the hot tub, and the pool had so much chlorine that it began to smell dirty - almost like lake water mixed with chlorine. Second - our lights in our room didn't work, fan in the bathroom didn't work, and the shower? Nothing - literally dripping water. Absolutely NO water pressure where anyone could take a shower.

We did contact who ever was working to have them fix these issues, which they did, but left behind a mess. There were the empty boxes from them changing the light bulbs, a lighter ( I have 3 small children, you think that is a good thing to leave in a room?) who ever fixed the lights decided they needed to empty the trash from their pockets and leave it all over the bathroom along with ear plugs.

Third - The walls are so thin that the people above kept us up till way past midnight, even after contacting the front desk. Then we were very rudely awakened at 5AM by the guy in the room next to us having a party. I could hear word for word what this guy and his friends were saying.

Fourth - On our way driving to Bozeman we received a call from an employee stating that she needed to do a pre-authorization on the card for the whole price of our stay. I have never had that happen. I have had to have maybe $20 or so for pre-auth and then having it released at the end of our stay after paying for the room completely, but to have to tell us that they are not charging us for the room yet, but need a pre-authorization charge for the whole price. Ridiculous. When my husband went to complain about all the issues we were having the manager on duty refused to do anything about it because we booked through Orbitz, and since we booked through them and technically didn't book through the hotel there was nothing he could do. I went down and corrected him and his attitude by saying that we may have booked through Orbitz but we payed the hotel with our pre-authorization fee. Once he decided that I wasn't going to be pushed around he got on his computer and saw for himself that we had to pay the hotel directly and didn't pay through Orbitz, he then offered $20 off of our stay.

Last but not least he states that his General Manager will not let him give any money back above the amount of $20. I have been trying to get ahold of the GM since the Saturday we stayed there, and I have YET to receive a phone call from her even after many attempts to reach her.

I find this a very shady business practice, I am not looking for a total refund of the stay that was never my intention, but a little courtesy from the hotel staff would have made everything better. Instead we were met by people who wanted to argue with us and treat us as if we were worthless. I have no words to truly describe how unimpressed I was with this hotel and their staff.

I can tell you all with all certainty, I will never stay here again. The worst customer service I have had - By far.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Audrey G
tlc1964, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Hello Audry: It was nice to just get off the phone with you. I was addressing your review as well as your husbands below. I apologize your stay at our La Quinta was not exactly what you had planned. There is no doubt that our staff fell short in what should have been provided during your stay. I will review this again Monday morning and get back with you.
Sincerely, Terra
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

It all started 6 hours prior to my arrival. The hotel called me to "preauthorize" my credit card on file or my reservation would be canceled by 6pm. This took me a little by surprise. I have never had a hotel "preauthorize" a card before my stay, unless I actually paid for the room prior, and then to tell me my reservation was going to be canceled if I didn't frustrated me. Whats the point of making a reservation. I made my reservation through Hotels.com. I arrived at the hotel and checked in. The front desk person was nice and the hotel was nice. We went to our room and noticed that the big light in the bathroom did not work. Later we went to the pool and hot tub and noticed that several tiles in the hot tub were missing and the pool smelled badly of chlorine. Later that night as we were trying to go to sleep, the people directly above us were making a lot of noise. It sounded like a heard of elephants stomping around. I complained to the front desk at about 1030pm. The General Manager" called me back later and told me it was in a room above and 2 doors down, from a little 3 year old kid. I'm sorry no it wasn't it was directly above us and from a full grown adult. This noise and stomping continued until midnight. Then at about 5am the people next to us were extremely loud. You could hear their conversation as if the walls didn't exist. This woke up my entire family. We finally got up around 730 am after a poor night sleep. I we went to take a shower and there was absolutely NO water pressure in the shower. The water literally dripped out of the shower head. There was no way you could take a shower and wash your self. I made a complaint to the front desk about all the issues and she said she would tell her manage when he came in at 3pm, but she would have maid service fix the problems in the bathroom. I returned at 3 pm and spoke to the front desk manager. He had a poor attitude and said he couldn't do anything about it and gave me a gift bag with a magazine and water. Really??? He said because I reserved through "expedia" he couldn't do anything. We went up stairs and the issues were fixed however, the person that fixed the issues left a used dirty ear plug in the counter, along with the light bulb boxes and a lighter. They didn't even clean up after them selves. I returned to the manager and explained to him that I ordered through Hotels.com not expedia, and their hotel is the one who charged me for the room because their hotel wanted a preauthorization before I even checked in. He stumbled to find wording and continued to argue with me and my wife. Finally he realized he was wrong and said he could give us a $20 discount for our troubles. Really $20?!?!?! Thats it for a room that was over $80 a night. I asked for the general manager and he advised that she was off till Monday. He gave me her card. My wife called her several times and left her messages on her cell phone. She has still yet to return our calls.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family