“Easy to recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Truckee, CA
“Easy to recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am very happy I decided to stay here instead of one of the major chains down the road. This hotel is very conveniently located 1/2 mile from great food and shopping in downtown Bozeman. The room was so clean, the beds had real comforters and nice pillows, new towels, and the bed was really comfy. I stayed in room 142, in the side building off the lobby. My daughter loved the fresh donuts in the lobby each day too!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank yotrustman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bozeman, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was a decent motel, right in the center of 7th Avenue. Close to restaurants, pizza places, and a dive bar. I know this review is short, but I would just rate this as a basic motel with very few extras. Everything was absolutely decent, except for the paper thin walls. I could hear people with their TVs on at 3 am a floor below me. There is also a ton of road/car noise as well, but that cannot be helped. If you are a light sleeper, I would not recommend this establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MTgolfer31
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

If I have stayed in a cleaner room, I don't know when. The room actually smelled of cleaning product when I opened the door. Also, the motel does not allow smoking or pets, which is a big plus for a traveler like me. The place was immaculate - the bathroom absolutely spotless (and has undergone a relatively recent remodel). The rates are also very affordable in the offseason and the property was easy to find (on a main road but off the interstate). Plenty of restaurants nearby and also near downtown Bozeman, which is truly fantastic. I wish every "Mom and Pop" motel I stayed at was of this caliber. If you want to save a little money and don't need brand new fixtures in your room, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank StacetheGreat
Yelm, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have stayed at the Rainbow Motel several times. Each time we have found the facility to be clean, comfortable and quiet. The beds are great, showers hot and the motel staff is friendly. Close to gas and dining and easy access to the freeway.

Good value for the money.

Room Tip: Call and make reservation ahead of time, especially during summer months, they fill up fast.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaI63
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

The room's cupboard was in the toilet......innovation is everywer :-) :-) :-) :-)
In general its a basic motel and if you plan on staying in the room just for a short nigh it could do the goob.
I would stay there once more if needed. But its not a vacation place

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Zalem-Oti

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Maple Valley, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hubby and I stayed here per travel agency selected this place for us. The place was clean but not perfect. We checked in very late so gave the front desk a heads up that we wouldn't be there till about midnight or so. We knocked on the door to check in, front desk person came out pretty quick, but he gave off the vibe of "you disturbed me". The remote in the room didn't work, assumed dead batteries? hubby stopped by and let them know as we were heading out to see if they just needed to be replaced, turns out the remote just didn't work they left a different one in the room when we got back. The ladies that were cleaning the room seemed very nice, no complaints there. No shampoo in the room, they had a hand dispenser looking thing next to the sink that apparently is for the shampoo. Empty when we got there and was never filled up the entire 5 nights that we were there. Why would you put shampoo wall pump by the sink in the first place? do they really expect you to pump your shampoo (if we had any) in your hand and then get in the shower? Very weird......Our room was next to the laundry room so quiet at night but early in the morning the washing machines were going. The walls are thin so people can hear you and you can hear them. I didn't walk around barefoot, I didn't feel like the carpet was clean enough to do so. If I actually could have chosen where to stay, I wouldn't have stayed here. There's some better places to stay at not too far from where we stayed around the same price, we would have gone there if this wasn't already paid for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rainbow058, Manager at Rainbow Motel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear lxta L: Thank You for writing a review for the Rainbow we appreciate your input. I am sorry if my onsite manager made you feel like you were disturbing him when you checked in. He has many late check-ins so it was nothing unusual for him to have to come to the door and get a guest checked into their room late at night. I can reassure you that you weren't disturbing him. Three nights after you had been in the room your husband came over on that Wednesday and told me your remote wasn't working and I went right over to fix it and I realized the batteries were in the remote backwards and the remote was missing the back cover that covers the battery compartment so that is why I just replaced the remote. I wanted to make sure you didn't have anymore problems with the remote during your stay. You and your husband came to the office for breakfast in the mornings and I actually visited with you and there was no mention about you needing shampoo. If you had mentioned that you needed shampoo I would have showed you that we have a basket here at the counter with shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant and lotion for our customers convenience. I do apologize for the soap dispenser next to your sink (which is a hand soap dispenser NOT shampoo) being empty. I will make sure housekeeping checks this to make sure there is soap in there for hands. As far as the carpet we just had the carpets professionally cleaned on 10/5/2013 so I can reassure you the carpet was clean. Lastly you were here for 5 nights, and If you would have brought to our attention that the laundry room was too noisy for you we would have been glad to move you to a room away from the laundry room. So I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory to you but all the small problems you had could have all been taken care of right away had they been brought to my attention like your remote. Also NO travel agent will make you stay where you do not want to. I am sure you were looking for a more inexpensive room so agreed to take a room at the Rainbow. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID WE DO WANT TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR STAYING AT THE RAINBOW!