“The Nerve!”

Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Denver, Colorado
“The Nerve!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Two friends and I arrived for a stay at the Rainbow early on a Friday afternoon. None of us had ever stayed at the Rainbow before. I travel extensively for work and have stayed at boutique hotels in New York City, the W in Seattle, the Wynn in Las Vegas, the Manchester in San Diego, the Orchid in San Francisco, and many others -- always being treated with respect. When we arrived, were first greeted by, who appeared to be, the owner. She offended my friend right from the start by asking her to pay more than the amount that was pre-paid online. (Initially, there were to be two adults arriving, and a third joined at the last minute). We understood paying for an additional person/guest, but it was the tone our "host" used. Then, only one key was given for three "guests" to stay in the room... only upon presenting another credit card "just in case." As we were finally carrying our luggage into the room, the host came to the doorway with a stack of rags "you people need to use these towels... not my good ones." Normally, we would have stayed elsewhere, but after being excited for a fun weekend in Bozeman, we chalked it up to her own bad attitude. The "good" towels in the room had rips and tears and there was no complimentary soap... at all. Our host was no natural beauty and had was wearing excessive bronzer, eye make-up, and platinum white bleached hair. I'm sure her towels have seen better days!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I arrived late on a trip to visit a family member attending MSU. I was very pleased to find the guy at the desk friendly and cheerful despite the later hour. He modified my room request without hassle and place us in a clean room that has to be one of the best values in Montana. The beds were clean, the bathroom spotless, the traffic noise was minimal, and the morning coffee and juice just right. This beats any chain in town!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank kayakkel
Les Saisies
Reviewed November 4, 2011

With my husband we stayed one night in th Rainbow Motel, first time for us. We did like the big bedroom with its brand new carpet and the nice covers new two. The bedroom and the bathroom were very clean, we apreciate. The breakfast was nice too, even if we went late to the office for this meal we had enought too eat. The lady at the office (the owner) I guess was very nice she explained us some sad bear and poeple stories! Scary but good to hear when we don't know about the bears when we live in France!
We will go back if during our next trip dives us to Bozeman.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Delphine M
Montana
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I am a repeat customer of the Rainbow and have always had great service, clean rooms and reasonable prices. We go to Bozeman several times per year and we always stay at the Rainbow. I am surprised with the last review of this Motel. I have never had an issue with cleanliness of any kind and if there was ever an issue with my room or reservation I always receive courteous service. Ants????? Really? In October????? This isn't Arizona! This Motel is always a pleasure to stay at and we have never had any issues.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank AniSally
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We found live ants in our bed on numerous occasions each day we stayed at Rainbow. The hotel staff, especially the female owner in the office is really rude and treated us like children. Decent location in town but there are nicer places in Bozeman to stay. I won't give his place more business

• Stayed October 2011
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The man (owner?) at the desk was extremely unfriendly and condescending to us. I instantly regretted making reservations online. I specifically reserved a NONSMOKING room but could definitely smell cigarette smoke. I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke (nausea, sore throat, headaches, etc), so this is a problem for me. The walls are painted cinderblock walls -- not really what they appear to be in the website photos. The double queen room is really, really small. The TV was crappy, though the minifridge was rather large which was nice for us. There aren't toilitries in the bathroom, you have to go get them from the lobby. There's a note on the thermostat that you can't change the A/C from 71 degrees.

We confronted the owner about the fact that the 'non-smoking' room was definitely not as advertised. He just went, 'what do you expect?' He wouldn't even give us a partial refund, even though we had paid for a non-smoking room and clearly did not get what we paid for. We left out of disgust and went to the Bozeman Inn across the street, which had exceptionally friendly service and huge, much more nicely furnished rooms. And was $20 cheaper.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank marymary888

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels