“spacious suite and excellent property”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bozeman
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
southern california
“spacious suite and excellent property”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We are staying here while attending a meeting in Bozeman. I am with my spouse. I booked this property through Hilton.com and got a $103 AAA rate. Wow we were quite pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The hotel is brand new and tastefully decorated in a rustic mountain theme. The finishings seem rather high end to me - more like a full service hotel than a typical extended stay property. The room is wonderful it has a separate living room/kitchenette and bedroom. The beds are very comfortable better than your typical Hilton property. Climate control is excellent and both rooms have separate thermostats. The water pressure is good in the shower. The hotel has a small gym with two treadmills, a precor elliptical machine, some free weights. There is a lso a pool more appropriate for kids than swimming laps. The hotel has a daily "snack" at 5-7pm and when we went by last night it looked more like a full dinner than a snack. They had a salad bar and two hot plates, one with beef stew and another with rice. There were also fresh cookies - recently baked - sitting out by the front desk. Continental breakfast is also included. We got a two bed room facing the highway. There is minimal road noise in the room the windows are well sound proofed and the HVAC, which is not terribly loud, does a good job of covering up extraneous car noise. My biggest concern is that this is such a nice property I wonder how they can make money charging $103/night for a two room suite with both breakfast and dinner/snack included, for two people.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrea B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Excellent hotel. Staff friendly and large suites comfortable. Lots of amenities. Beds were nice with lots of pillows of different densities so finding a comfy one was easy. Breakfast was standard, but nice: Sausage patties and omelettes, with all the other usual fare such as oatmeal and yogurt. They also serve food at afternoon socials during weekdays. Very Bozeman-like decor, nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fish86
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed May 21, 2010

This hotel is fairly new so at the time of booking, there were no reviews on it. I have always been happy with my Homewood Suite stays so I expected the same at the Bozeman location. Downtown Bozeman was just a short drive away so I considered the location excellent.

The exterior of the hotel is very interesting - fits the Bozeman area very well. Ample parking and it is free! The lobby is very impressive - more of a cabin/resort feel. Staff was very professional at check in. They provided an overview of the hotel as well.

The rooms are excellent. Very clean too. The kitchen is well equipped - nice dark chocolate cabinets, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, etc. The bedroom was very large with two queen beds. A large work station as well as free Internet was available. Heating and cooling worked well too. The windows are cheap and allow a lot of noise from the nearby highway in.

The bathroom was large with the sink outside of the bathroom. Water pressure was o.k. and standard Neutrogena products.

Breakfast area was nice with plenty of choices. Upon checkout, I struck up a nice conversation with the hotel staff. My stay here was beyond excellent and would recommend everyone stay here if visiting Bozeman.

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank bethesdaman
Laurel, Montana
Reviewed May 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed here as a weekend getaway and it was the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The location was right off the interstate so we didn't have to drive through town to find it. We weren't crazy about the "rusted" look on the outside but once we got inside we immediately noticed how beautiful it was. The staff were all courteous, friendly, helpful and pleasant to talk to. Our suite was beautiful, comfortable, modern and spacious. Having two tvs was great! The kitchen was the perfect size and even included a full-sized fridge. The microwave popcorn was a nice touch to the kitchen. We enjoyed our breakfasts downstairs and there was plenty of room for everyone. We liked the security feature of having the lobby doors locked after a certain late-night hour. We were so comfortable there and we really didn't want to go back home. We look forward to our next visit when we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QponQueen
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I'm trying to think of something negative to say about this property, but there simply isn't anything. From the looks of the place - it's brand new - to the staff (unfailingly friendly) to the breakfast bar (fabulous) to the exercise room (awesome) it was simply the best stay I think I've ever had at a Hilton property. By the way, I'm a Hilton Gold member, and I've been to a lot of them. This hotel has the appearance of a much more expensive accommodation, making it a terrific deal for the money. I moved to the Garden Inn the next night and really wished I could have stayed (I switched properties to take advantage of a special Hilton promotion).

The Checkin. When I arrived at the property I was a little underwhelmed at the look of the building. There's some weathered wood on the outside that I took to be old, but it's actually just fashionable :) There was no wait, they had no trouble finding my reservation and the two women at the front desk literally could not have been more friendly, chatting with me about my trip and offering to make reservations at a restaurant downtown. Later on, a member of the kitchen staff cheerfully brought dinner to my room (!) after I mistakenly missed the evening reception.

The Room. Gorgeous. Huge, roomy, brand new, stylish. There's a good sized kitchen including a stovetop and a full refrigerator. The shower stall is one of those neat kind that's glass all the way across, and the bathroom is large. The windows overlook a beautiful mountain range. There's simply nothing lacking here. The ventilation was great, and the room darkening shades worked well. I heard no noise during my stay, there was plenty of hot water and good water pressure, and it wasn't a long walk to the ice machine (this hotel isn't huge, unlike the nearby Garden Inn where it's about a 10 minute hike to the lobby if your room is on the end of the hallway.) The bed was quite comfortable with both down and poly pillows.

The Recreation Gear. There are two new Precor treadmills and an elliptical trainer, along with some weights, in the gym room. The elliptical picked up my Polar heart monitor immediately, enabling me to get a great workout. I then hopped in the adjacent sauna and swimming pool for a refreshing dip.

Breakfast is free at the Homewood, and this one was excellent. Had some oatmeal and yogurt, plus fresh juice, that stayed with me well into the afternoon. The dining facility is rustic and attractive.

Parking is nearby. There's a grocery store and a couple of big box stores within a mile. I got the room for about $110, a pretty good rate, without much advance purchase. An aside: If you're a Hilton member looking to rack up stays for status, this property shares a parking lot with the adjacent Hampton Inn, making it a good option for swapping out nights.

In a nutshell, I'd stay here again like a shot. And I plan to, as soon as possible.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank DivemistressofthDark
wyoming
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I (along with our dog) stayed at this hotel and were impressed with the nice rooms and great staff. Had alittle issue with getting a different room than what we had booked on line. Manager worked it out...all was all wonderful!!! $50 dog fee is more than most places...but it was still okay!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dehren
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I stayed for nearly a week at this hotel just a few days after it had opened. I was consistently impressed by the professional, knowledgeable staff, a rarity for new hotels. Day and evening front desk staff remembered me by name and were responsive to all requests. Meanwhile, the dining area staff members were friendly and seemed to truly enjoy their job. (Always a good sign with someone who handles food.) Speaking of the food, I was surprised by the quality and variety of what is essentially a free breakfast and dinner spread. (A small family staying at this hotel could save some money on dining costs for sure.)

My king suite was roomy and comfortable. It also was nice to have a TV in the living area as well as the bedroom. The kitchen was well-stocked and the free toiletries in the bathroom were of good quality. Overall, I was very happy with the service and accommodations.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business