“Frugal stopover for one night in Bozeman”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The location is very convenient to the highway. There are gas stations, fast food, and a Wal-Mart within walking distance, (though you probably don't need to walk to a gas station). The building and surroundings were clean and maintained.

Check in was fast and easy. I had made the reservation after checking some online booking sites. When I called the motel directly to reserve a room they quoted me a higher rate than the booking sites so I went back online to book and saved $20.

The room is pretty standard for a no frills accommodation. In addition to the television the room had a microwave and small refrigerator, no coffee maker. There's soap provided, no shampoo or other toiletries.

The breakfast was spartan, even by budget standards. They provided coffee, two kinds of cold cereal with milk, bread, and a toaster.

For a quick stopover the TLC Inn was fine, clean, quiet, and relatively affordable for Bozeman's high season. It's even better if you can find a discounted rate and use the money you save to buy yourself breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Paula M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We love hearing from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to
review our hotel.

Internet rates vary from site to site but mostly the third party rates are
higher than calling the hotel directly. Next time let us know and we will gladly match
the rate you found online.

We look forward to having you stay with us next time you stopover in
Bozeman.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Basic, no-frills good value. Where the competition is charging big bucks, this place is a find. Immediately upon arrival, we were impressed by the friendly desk person. He assigned us a room on the second floor. Opening the door, I immediately noticed the room had a window that actually opened, and fresh air was wafting in. No hint of "cheap motel" astringent odor- an unusual departure from the norm. The room was absolutely clean and neat. The same friendly desk guy headed us out later for dinner, giving honest and straightforward opinions on our candidate restaurants. The shower and wifi worked, the towels were fresh and not scratchy, our sleep was undisturbed, plus a McDonald's across the street. What more can you ask?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James A
TLC-INN-Management, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

I am so excited to read your review! Truly I am, and thanks for taking the time and making my day. I am the new owner since Sept. 2012 and have been working so hard to build an awesome team, upgrade the rooms and renovate the exterior, and yet still keep our rates very competitive and reasonable. Your review embodies exactly what I am trying accomplish, so thanks for the affirmation and I will be sharing this with my staff - it's always nice to have some good news to share - kudos to the team. I hope you come back next time you are in this awesome town!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The customer service was the best! When I am in town I will stay at. T L C INN always! And the dog friendly environment was awesome also! I love the little help your self breakfast bar. I highly suggest this place just once.

• Stayed: December 2012
TLC-INN-Management, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

TLC is a well-priced spot to station yourself while you get your work done and enjoy all that Bozeman has to offer. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast gets your day started right, and the room was very comfortable and clean. I go back and forth to Bozeman for business and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TLC-INN-Management, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit so you can give us your opinion of our upgrades since you were last here. Thank you again and enjoy your summer.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Pretty shabby on the outside, and pretty dingy on the inside. I switched rooms since the pillowcases in my first room did not look clean. Room was outdated and dark, but comfortable enough. Breakfast, though free, was very basic. On the plus side, the front desk was friendly and helpful, and the hotel very convenient for the highway. Overall, really just a faded motel, and overpriced for that.

• Stayed: June 2013
TLC-INN-Management, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are under new ownership and are working on upgrades throughout the entire hotel. November we installed the electronic locks and currently we are repainting all the doors and installing upgraded bedding. The end of June we will be having the exterior repainted. We hope the next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel was exactly what I was looking for: clean, convenient, reasonably priced, and the people were all very friendly and helpful. I was able to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms, and loved it. I plan to stay again soon.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is all remodeled, so go for the new look.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TLC-INN-Management, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad that you are pleased with our upgraded rooms. We will be continuing to make improvements throughout the property so we look forward to your next visit to show you those as well. Thank you again for choosing the TLC Inn as your home away from home.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been in town on business for the last 6 months - staying here. It is beyond contest, this is the place to hang while in Gallatin Valley - Bozeman, Belgrade etc.

THE outside looks tired ( I hear its scheduled to be painted soon too), but the interior rooms are all newly upgraded and the staff cleans them very well. I do rather enjoy the housekeeping staff for their friendly help, local knowledge and recommendations.

on a couple points regarding the ratings below - there is no pool, it is a hot tub, the old catholic cemetery is last stop for pioneers in this town - it is no longer used, but houses some really cool history in this town - to the person who thinks its haunted, well fairy tale stories abound.....

Remember too, any comment before September of last year, is with the old owner and it was run down - NO LONGER applies. ThIs place rocks.

Room Tip: I liked the 3r floor facing the east - sun rise is wonderful and cool in the afternoon..(yes, it ove...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
TLC-INN-Management, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how you liked your stay. Since the new owner has taken over in September 2011 we have been making upgrades to the hotel inside and out. We look forward to your next visit, to get feedback on those improvements. Thank you again and have a wonderful summer.