“A reasonable place”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This one night motel was more than we wanted to pay ($80), but Bozeman hotels in July (near Yellowstone) seem to run high. So this seemed like a decent value compared to others. It did have a hot tub, which tripped our choice in its favor. We spent a comfortable night and enjoyed ourselves. Breakfast was adequate. Service was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2012

As always, I followed the reviews here at TA and they led me to this offbeat little place. It's a bit on the weird side, but that's part of the charm. I don't feel like I made any sacrifices in staying here vs the big brands and I saved some money too.
The hotel was a slight trick to find, tucked in and surrounded by several chain hotels. Entering the lobby there was nothing unusual, just clean and orderly. At the desk however, I was struck by the fact that they seem to have no computerized management system. The girl had to pull my info from a stack of paper reservations! And the end of the process, she handed me a key! Not a key card mind you, but an actual metal key! Retro, huh?
There were no surprises entering the room, everything was clean and as it should be. Slightly odd: the A/C is an in-wall unit that looks kind of like the one you might have in your window at home. No problem, just another "different" thing about the hotel. I ran it all night and it cooled just fine and wasn't too noisy.
The room comes with a new, clean microwave and fridge, and that's a nice upgrade from most of the hotels I've stayed at in the past two months. The TV is a CRT, not a flat-screen, but is fairly new I think. The (free) WiFi signal is strong and is wide open - no annoying passcodes to type in or advertising pages to wade through just to get online (I'm talking to you Select Inn). The bed was comfortable enough (though the pillows kind of flat), the room was quiet and I slept well. The morning breakfast was mostly cold - cereal, muffins, bagels. The hotel is a short drive from downtown Bozeman if you want a really good breakfast. The ONE thing that I found unpleasant was that 1) the shower faucet had one of those old-style pull-out-to-turn-on handles, and that was on backwards from usual - turn clockwise = hot, counter-clockwise=cold, 2) water pressure was on the low side, and 3) during the course of a shower the water temps would vary wildly, going from comfortable to *very* hot from out of nowhere, then from comfortable to cold the next minute. This happened 3-4 times during my one shower. The backwards handle plus the surprise medium to hot temperature fluctuation could lead to some minor scalding while the confusion was sorted out.
All things considered I'd stay at this hotel again unless the competitors were offering the same amenities for less $ which was definitely not the case in late July.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Spacious rooms (although no elevator), room very well organized, Fridge, Microwave, good air-condition, continental breakfast, Jacuzzi. Nearby Super 8 cost about 30$ more and give about the same or less. A lot of shadow in the parking: an advantage in summer...
Service was good – seems that the terrible service described in a review is an exception.

(If you’ve found this review helpful, you can let me and others know it by clicking the green Yes below)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Avi O
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Some travelers are willing to pay extra for ambiance, extra services, etc. Not me. I want a room that's comfortable, quiet, and clean at the best price possible.

The missus and I were passing through Bozeman on night one of a long road trip, and I'm glad I stopped by the TLC to check out their rates. They were very good... and the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The shower was warm.

Sure, they don't offer room service. The gal at the front desk was a little scary with her tattoos and such. The "spa" was through a sliding glass door, right in the lobby. (Ah, privacy! haha) But the room was very pleasant, and when we left in the morning my wallet felt pretty good with those few extra dollars of thickness.

(The missus is more fussy than me, and she commented on how nice it was. So I feel pretty safe posting this review.)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IdahoPotatoe
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I found this place on Expedia. I needed to find cheap last minute accommodation in Bozeman, and this place was the first available option. The price was good; about $40 USD for a basic room with a double bed, television, private bathroom, etc. It was located on the outskirts of town, this isn't a problem if you have a car as Bozeman isn't a very big city. There are strip malls and fast food chains, like McDonalds and Boston Pizza, nearby for those that want a quick and nasty meal. The complimentary breakfast was underwhelming, but really, what do you expect for $40 a night? I have no complaints, it was cheap, economical and fairly clean. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed one night at the TLC Inn, and it was clean, relatively cheap, and suited my needs. The biggest complaint I have is that my girlfriend called the hotel and left me a message, and I never received it. The continental breakfast was pretty bland, but again, pretty much in line with the hotel.
If you are just looking for a one-night place on your way down the road, this motel meets the bill.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank honjooshi
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I found that Inn hidden behind a well known chain. The rooms were newly renovated, very noce furniture and the staff was also very nice. I was absolutely surprise of the quality ! Bravo ! thank you ! I was travelling from coast to coast so I spent almost a month in low cost motel/inn and this one is at the top for it's quality.
J'ai traversé les étas-unis d’un océan à l’autre et cet hotel est le meilleur pour le prix. J’ai trouvé ce petit hotel caché derriere une grande chaine. L'hotel venait d'etre rénové, l'ameublement était en bois et de qualité, bravo!. j'ai été tres agréablement surpris par le rapport qualité prix. ça vaut la peine d'y aller ! bravo au personnel ! Le déjeuner offrait du VRAI jus d'orange!

Room Tip: go to that hotel !
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo