“Decent value but nothing special”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I found this place on Expedia. I needed to find cheap last minute accommodation in Bozeman, and this place was the first available option. The price was good; about $40 USD for a basic room with a double bed, television, private bathroom, etc. It was located on the outskirts of town, this isn't a problem if you have a car as Bozeman isn't a very big city. There are strip malls and fast food chains, like McDonalds and Boston Pizza, nearby for those that want a quick and nasty meal. The complimentary breakfast was underwhelming, but really, what do you expect for $40 a night? I have no complaints, it was cheap, economical and fairly clean. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed one night at the TLC Inn, and it was clean, relatively cheap, and suited my needs. The biggest complaint I have is that my girlfriend called the hotel and left me a message, and I never received it. The continental breakfast was pretty bland, but again, pretty much in line with the hotel.
If you are just looking for a one-night place on your way down the road, this motel meets the bill.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank honjooshi
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I found that Inn hidden behind a well known chain. The rooms were newly renovated, very noce furniture and the staff was also very nice. I was absolutely surprise of the quality ! Bravo ! thank you ! I was travelling from coast to coast so I spent almost a month in low cost motel/inn and this one is at the top for it's quality.
J'ai traversé les étas-unis d’un océan à l’autre et cet hotel est le meilleur pour le prix. J’ai trouvé ce petit hotel caché derriere une grande chaine. L'hotel venait d'etre rénové, l'ameublement était en bois et de qualité, bravo!. j'ai été tres agréablement surpris par le rapport qualité prix. ça vaut la peine d'y aller ! bravo au personnel ! Le déjeuner offrait du VRAI jus d'orange!

Room Tip: go to that hotel !
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank NormandLe5
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here with our small dog this weekend while visiting our MSU college student. It was nice and quiet. Very basic room and amenities. Bathroom has been recently remodeled.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Tonight, I booked my stay through Expedia. I used my credit card that has a $12,000 credit limit of which I use about $1500 a month and pay off every month.

At midnight tonight the room phone rang and the man at the desk rudely told me to "Come down here." He was harsh and upset as if very very angry or distraught. I thought maybe my car had been broken into.

I asked if there was a problem and he said "YES!! You need to get this payment taken care of."

Apparently there was a glitch through Expedia and the credit card was declined. I said, "For as long as I've stayed here, this couldn't wait until morning???" He barked at me "NO."

He was rude and treated me as if I was a criminal. I nearly packed up my 4 year old at midnight and left. I can't even explain how degrading he acted and I will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Just in the past 2 months I spent 5 nights there. Absolute evil treatment.

Room Tip: Go the extra few bucks and stay next door at the Super 8. The treatment here was unhuman.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank T G
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have stayed at TLC Inn for several years, and I have come to know the owner, who works as hard as anyone I know. He owned three or four properties in Bozeman, but he must have sold a couple, because he is spending a lot of his time at this location.

And does it ever show. Clean hallways, clean rooms, very low key but helpful staff. The breakfast offering is small but it works. The orange juice isn't watered down, it tastes like orange juice! I want to emphasize that this is not a destination place. This is a really good bargain for business or leisure travelers that are paying way too much for rooms on the other side of the freeway. For that matter, travelers in Montana pay way too much for what they get from hospitality lodging all over the state.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for room 202 if you can get it. King size bed, fridge and microwave. Extremely...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We had to stay here in short notice because of an emergency, but were relieved with the quality, service, & value. The beds were comfy, not at all mushy or too soft. Everything was very clean, breakfast was included, and the staff were super nice & helpful. The location isn't great-- but better than many on a busy street. and it's fairly quiet. For the money you can't beat it.

• Stayed: September 2011