“Always a delight!”

Gallatin River Grill
Ranked #67 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Gallatin River Grill is the most spectacular place to dine in Bozeman and southwest Montana! With breath taking views, creative & classic cuisine, an outstanding wine selection and a full bar, the lodge guarantees a dining experience you will remember. We are so appreciative of our local farms, ranches & dairies that allow us to bring such quality products to our guests. Our wine list boasts unique selections from around the globe. Our dining rooms offer picturesque views of the Spanish Peaks, a table side trout pond, grazing dear, eagles & hawks and the occasional rainbow. The Lodge also offers an exceptional space for corporate dinner parties, weddings, retreats or any array of special events. We are open nightly and reservations are appreciated!
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Thsi is a wonderful place, not only the resaurant, the entire place. Beautiful grounds with wild animals on property. When we were there last week at dust there were dear, rabiits and a owl in view. The service is as good as the food. A high $30.00 corkage fee, but the wine list is excellent. No need to bring your own.
Everything is made in house. Looking forward to the next phase of growth. Great place to find wild game meats, always prepare well.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Gallatin River Inn several times as were are returning from a vacation in Yellowstone National Park (the inn is only a few miles from Bozeman airport). I have reviewed the inn (unbelievable place to stay), but had failed to review the inn's restaurant. First, they have a fairly extensive and good wine list. We always start with a glass of wine in our room before dinner. Secondly the food is outstanding. Everything we have ordered on our various visits have been expertly prepared, very favorful, and with great presentation. The wait staff have always been excellent.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I made a reservation for dinner for our 15th wedding anniversary. When I called the day before around 2PM I stated, "Hello, I'm calling to make a reservation for tomorrow night. What times do you have available?". We went through the times and settled for 6:45PM. As I was hanging up, I closed with, "See you tomorrow night". As I was taking the phone from my ear the staffperson urged, "Did you say tomorrow night? I thought you meant tonite!". Thank the fates we caught this because the same thing occurred to us on Valentine's DAy with them 2 years ago. I made my reservation 10days in advance for 7:30. We showed up for our reservation and they DIDN'T HAVE OUR NAMES DOWN!.

Last night we arrived at 7PM for our 7:30 reservation. No one greeted us at the greeting stand at the entry so we proceeded to the bar and ordered a bottle of wine. We enjoyed a visit with a father and son from LA while we drank our wine and awaited our table. At 7:45 the bar tender indicated we would have a table soon. We were finally seated at 8:30. The server came by shortly thereafter, recited the specials, and indicated she would be right back with the wine list. 20 minutes later the bar tender came by with the wine list. It was nearly 9PM. We arrived at 7PM. We decided to leave and the bar tender comped us the bottle of wine with apologies.

This restaurant had only three servers plus the bar tender. At $30 per entree, and with a relatively full house, management needs to step up their game or lose patrons like us who expect some level of service. Good service is hard to find anywhere except in major cities in restaurants with fine dining. But 2 hours and not an hors d'oeuvre in sight is way beyond acceptable.

4  Thank gpampush
fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

We really appreciate your continued support and patronage. We are very disappointed in our level of service that night, and apologize for the time that you spent waiting. There is no excuse for the experience that you had with us, and we hope that you will give us another chance. Since the night you joined us, we have been able to increase our reliable staff, which in turn has increased the level of service to our guests each night. We hope that you enjoyed your bottle of wine, and look forward to treating you to a much better evening in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

a beautiful setting down a dusty dirt road. Great fresh salads. Unfortunately the service, what little there was, was very slow. 4 people with empty water glasses for 15 minutes. Took an hour to get food and it was not that good and highly overpriced. I had soup and wife had salad. salad was great. soup was gumbo that had a light roux and served with chickpeas (garbanzo beans) instead of rice. Cajun country is mostly rice paddies where they harvest their crawfish. I never heard of chickpeas in a gumbo instead of rice and would never order it again. We come to an area famous for brown trout, cutthroat trout and my favorite whitefish and we end up eating poorly prepared farmed rainbow trout available to every diner or cafe in the country, except our bill for this poorly cooked slimy skinned fish was 199.00 for 4. It was served with a lentil, black bean and corn mixture that was bland. Bread may be homemade. That doesn't equate with good however.

Thank you for visiting Gallatin River Lodge. We are extremely disappointed that your experience was not what you were hoping, and we apologize for that. The evening that you experienced is not the level of service that we strive for. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy our style of gumbo, we would have loved to take care of that for you. It is not legal for public establishments to harvest trout out of our river systems; as well as, we are in the fly fishing industry and know that our Montana Native & Wild trout would not be able to sustain their population, if they were harvested. The guests that are staying and fishing with our guides are not even able to keep any of the trout (or whitefish) that they catch. I am not sure where you received your information about the local Montana company that we get our Rainbow and Cutthroat Trout from, called Trout Culture, but they have cold water pond raised trout from the Paradise Valley and the Ruby Valley. Their fish does not ship out of the region, and is as far from your normal “farm raised” trout as anything you will catch in the rivers here. Yes, our bread recipe is very simple, to not take away from our special Great White Bean Garlic & Herb Spread with Olive Oil. The two together are spectacular! Please let us know when you return, we will be sure to make it a much better experience for you. Thank you, again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The service is terrible. I don't know if they had a chef down or not but we went there last night at 6:30. At 8:15 our starters had not arrived, so we went to Speak to someone. The manager was a young punk kid that didnt really care what we had to say. The meals came out an hour later. It was not that busy in the place, so I don't know happened.

But I know I would not recommend this place to anyone EVER